What Kind of Access Control Model is Windows?

jamesindcjamesindc Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know Windows definitely has DAC as you can create a file and control access based on ownership. I've read that it is MAC as well. If the test asks for which one it is, how should I answer?

Sorry for not stating the question clearly.

Does anyone know the answer.

Comments

• McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think you need to find a better way to ask your question. I think you mean to ask what access control model does windows use?
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • jamesindcjamesindc Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    McxRisley wrote: »
    I think you need to find a better way to ask your question. I think you mean to ask what access control model does windows use?

Sorry for not stating the question clearly.

Does anyone know the answer.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When you think about MAC...think about applying labels to data...the common labels in prep material would be confidential, secret, top secret. Windows itself uses DAC because owners can grant access to objects...data labeling within Windows or any environment is an advanced topic in which you aren’t going to see in standard environments.
  • jamesindcjamesindc Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your help guys.

I passed!
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • ansionnachclisteansionnachcliste Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yup, it's DAC.

Also congrats and welcome to the club.