Free/Reduced Certifications - Free/Reduced Training

12346»

Comments

• krokodilokrokodilo Posts: 15Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    AakashNT wrote: »
    @krokodilo.. This is valid for only North America icon_smile.gif
    Hope your address is in NA, else the code won't work.

I had no address, just the letter "a", which I think is likely partially why I got banned (again). The coupon only relies on your personal and shipping country being in the US. If you set it to US, the coupon will be accepted.
  • ironman28ironman28 Posts: 3Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny CISSP, OSCP, CEH, RHCE, GCCC, Pentest+, PSM-1, alphabet soup CISSP, OSCP, CEH, RHCE, GCCC, Pentest+, PSM-1, alphabet soupPosts: 69Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    The MongoDB guys have a great online "University" -> https://university.mongodb.com

They offer a number of free multi-week courses, preparing you for their rather cheap certifications. Even if you don't take the certification exam, you can still pass the course-ending exam to get a cert-of-attendance. The training's pretty good quality and each course will take 1.5 to 6 hours each week. Depending on your schedule you can fit more than one in parallel.

Courses + attendance cert: free
    DBA or developer exam: $150

Noice.
    CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GCCC, RHCE, Pentest+, PSM-1, alphabet soup...

2019: Renew RHCE (with EX407) , SANS SEC566 (GCCC)
  • ironman28ironman28 Posts: 3Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hannenghanneng Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're CISSP member, there are lots of free training in the CISSP portal. 
    Once you log in into CISSP portal, click on My Course to enroll. 
  • hannenghanneng Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alibaba Cloud is offering Apsara Clouder Technical Certification for free too.
    This program is a light-weight certification, which aims to help trainees to quickly understand Alibaba Cloud product & services. You will learn how to use it as a practical skill.

• ClickClackClickClack Net+ Posts: 15Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITPRO.TV has a free tier with some entry level courses. These include:
       MTA - Windows Operating System Fundamentals - 98-349 (UPDATE 2018)
       MTA - Security Fundamentals - 98-367 (2018)
       CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (Exam FC0-U61)
       CyberPatriot - National Youth Cyber Education Program

Note: that the MTA on Security qualifies to as CE credit for A+ or N+

There is also a 7-day free trial of the subscription plan, as with many other training companies.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny CISSP, OSCP, CEH, RHCE, GCCC, Pentest+, PSM-1, alphabet soup CISSP, OSCP, CEH, RHCE, GCCC, Pentest+, PSM-1, alphabet soupPosts: 69Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    An acquaintance of mine just informed me about a way of doing the ISO27001 Foundational training and certification in a relatively cheap fashion. Online e-learnings and at-home proctored exams are nothing new of course, so here’s a set for ISO27001.

https://www.innovativelearning.eu/products/iso-iec-2700.html

Innovative Learning are APMG and PECB accredited training organizations, so it’s not a fly-by-night operation. 

If you consider APMG’s Foundation level: €299 gets you a month’s access to the e-learning, a practice exam (including review) and the actual exam. That’s a pretty decent price tag for something that’s often priced highly “because corporate customers!”.

To paraphrase my acquaintances’ experience:
    * The video content rings in around five (5) hours.
    * Video quality (resolution) is a bit “meh” at 360p. 
    * They spent roughly fifteen (15) hours in preparation for the exam (video, selfstudy, practice exam).
    * The online exam uses ProctorU, one of the many Flash-based proctoring solutions.

So… If you’re in the need for a foundational cert and want to save some money, you could consider this option. 

CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GCCC, RHCE, Pentest+, PSM-1, alphabet soup...

2019: Renew RHCE (with EX407) , SANS SEC566 (GCCC)