Options

CCSP vs CCSK?

cledford3cledford3 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been hearing rumbles recently around a preference for the Cloud Security Alliance CCSK over the CCSP. (Specifically with a vendor - Symantec for their security related engineering employees)

Any thoughts on which is better? Which is more preferred in the market? I realize this is an ISC2 related forum - but am hoping to get an idea of which way to go after my CISSP.

Would it be a valid assumption to assume that CCSP would be *better* CBK to study to prep for CISSP?

Thanks,

-Calvin
HCISPP

Comments

• Options
    dinger68dinger68 Registered Users Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCSP is more recognized and in-depth. The CCSK is an open book test that you can take while lying in bed. I feel that the CCSP has more weight and validity to actually knowing Cloud security.
  • Options
    ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    (ISC)2 and CSA created the CCSP. When I took the CCSP, I read from official (ISC)2 material and anything I could get ahold of from CSA. You would be better off with the CCSP if you want to align with the CISSP, but I would do the CISSP first and then the CCSP to get the foundation.

Good luck in whatever path you take.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +