Back on the horse

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
After taking what seemed to be a huge break Dec 20 to Jan 02. I'm back studying for the IE written, during this time I had debated heavily doing the DA or Qos during this time.

Yes this break that drove me nuts like a drug withdrawal icon_shaking.gif ain't nothing like getting your fix icon_lol.gif

Heres my study order if anyone wants to know:
IE study vids/cbts I guess this should take about 1-3 weeks (icon_scratch.gif I think I have 3 of them)
Read IE written study guide.. I may read 1 to 3 chapters a week instead of 1 to 2 per day
Not sure what i'm going to do for practice tests ..I may get a boson or my fav transcender, if not the one that comes with the book.
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck, man. I, for one, am looking forward to hearing how your studying progresses.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i forgot to add that i'll be back on the 5am study hour
    The good ol' buttcrack-o-dawn study time. I feel you on that one, I've got to get through my next gauntlet of certification while working and hitting the ol' college classes. I'll probably be right there with you, drinking obscene amounts of coffee while the sunrise shines on my face as I read my cert books.

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was studying at 5am this morning.... but then I decided I should get some sleep before work. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    I was studying at 5am this morning.... but then I decided I should get some sleep before work. icon_lol.gif

Sleep? What means this "sleep"?

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Slowhand wrote:
    It's this thing you can do during conference calls, but usually only after putting your speaker phone on mute and turning up your PC speaker volume so so teammates can IM you to, uh, get your attention, if someone asks you a question. icon_lol.gif

As I've gotten older (and started certifying) I've come to appreciate conference calls a lot more than I used to. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    5am study hour? Are you insane? icon_eek.gif I know you have to be crazy to attempt your CCIE but for the love of god 5am study hour will never ever be in my schedule :D

Anytime after 12:00am I am DONE. My brain does not function and therefore doesn't store a thing, so I stop studying around then :D
    Now working full time!
  • mtbcyclistmtbcyclist Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    5am is pretty frikken nuts especially when you consider I get off of work at 11:00ish as night. I study when ever I can, and when ever my wife and kid let me.
    mtbcyclist wrote:
    5am is pretty frikken nuts especially when you consider I get off of work at 11:00ish as night. I study when ever I can, and when ever my wife and kid let me.

5am became the default time as everyone is sleep and not to take time from the family. trust me it was harder than most could think as i took an hour of good sleep time and promise it to studying. i started a bit late today 5:30 but i will definitely be up at 5 tomorrow. i have finished the 3550 vids and started down the multicast vid. 7 more to go i will finish 2 videos today at this rate i should be done early next week and start the other vid and start listening to the IE audio tapes on the treadmill and on the way to work.

by my count i should be done with videos the week of the 15th
    mikej412 wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    It's this thing you can do during conference calls, but usually only after putting your speaker phone on mute and turning up your PC speaker volume so so teammates can IM you to, uh, get your attention, if someone asks you a question. icon_lol.gif

As I've gotten older (and started certifying) I've come to appreciate conference calls a lot more than I used to. icon_lol.gif

Man, remind me to do more conference calls, I could use the naps. I'm getting to the point where I'm not even brewing the coffee anymore, I just grab the bag of grounds and a spoon.

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Go K! 5am shows how dedicated you are icon_thumright.gif
    i think the problem actually becomes that you can't stop getting up that early after starting it.. icon_lol.gif other wise i get alot of time to focus and commit fresh energy to the learning..

i found out many years ago from self-help tapes that where passed on to me. that learning is best achieved during 2 windows when you first get up and before bed( before your tired and icon_shaking.gif almost out of it)

in the morning --its the first thing committed to the brain
    before bed-- the mind will work on the issue during sleep ( actually most issues or planning it will work out icon_eek.gif

welcome to the early morning game... catch me on msn bright and early
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I'm right there with ya big K! Getting back on the horse myself. Haven't cracked a book in over 3 weeks! Unbelievable, but good for my marriage. I prefer 4am myself and will be starting it again on Monday along with my new job. Woohoo 2K7 is gonna rock!