Passed CISA Finally

Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
Hello Fellow TechExamies....passed the CISA exam. Figured I would share my experience and various resources.

1.) Study for about 2 months...on and off.
2.) Used the CISA All-In-One 3rd Edition. Read through the book 2x (twice). The content was painfully dry & wordy so had to use other resources.
3.) Purchased the ISACA QAE Database. Didn't find it terribly helpful...but did the questions anyway. The actual exam questions are way more difficult.
4.) Youtube. Listened in the car on the way to work some mornings.

I work in Information Security but wanted to round out my knowledge in the IS Auditor area. The exam itself is somewhat challenging due to the fact it takes an auditors approach to most scenarios. The questions are ambiguous and vague. Think I heavily relied on my professional experience to pass the exam.

Whats Next? --> Maybe GCIH or ISO 27001 certification. But that will be next year. :)

Cheers
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • SaltyHashesSaltyHashes Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! That's fantastic!

Thank you for posting your exam experience. Auditing is an area of cyber security where I have little interest. If you're saying the training materials are dry and the questions asked are vague (and you're not the first person who's shared that with me), I think I'm going to skip the CISA.

Are you planning to take the CISM as well later down the road?

Hope you slay the Incident Handler cert from GIAC.
  • RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on CISA. icon_thumright.gif

Do you think CISA was more difficult than CCSP?
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats on the pass! That's fantastic!

Thank you for posting your exam experience. Auditing is an area of cyber security where I have little interest. If you're saying the training materials are dry and the questions asked are vague (and you're not the first person who's shared that with me), I think I'm going to skip the CISA.

Are you planning to take the CISM as well later down the road?

Hope you slay the Incident Handler cert from GIAC.

I am toying with the idea...decided to purchase the CISM book. However, not sure if I am really interested in any other ISACA certification. But I will keep it on my desk in the event I get bored and decide to pursue another.

Cheers
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Rinzler wrote: »
    Congrats on CISA. icon_thumright.gif

Do you think CISA was more difficult than CCSP?

CCSP was way more challenging / difficult, typical ISC2 exams. The CISA was not that difficult, it mainly centers around how ISACA frames their questions/approach. Understanding it is an IT Auditor exam, so it is different. However, one benefit to the CISA is its focus on IT Governance which I believe is beneficial for any organization.
  • vichet168vichet168 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation!
  • krucial85krucial85 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    "The way to succeed is never quit. That's it. But be really humble about it."