Which is the Easiest CCNP Exam?

lowfelllowfell Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all just joined today, so thanks in advance for any help & advice that may come my way.

I need to recert my CCNP this summer & I know I can do this by passing any of the 642 exams.

Which one of the 642 CCNP exams is considered the easiest?

Comments

• Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which exam did you do the best on last time? What subjects on the CCNP curriculum do you enjoy the most? I'd re-up the CCNP with whichever exam had the most material I'm already comfortable with, or at least the most material I'm interested in icon_thumright.gif
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Why asking for the easiest ?

The real question is are you skilled or not on the exam subjects...

Good studies... icon_twisted.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    What about ISCW ?
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    lowfell wrote:
    Hello all just joined today, so thanks in advance for any help & advice that may come my way.

I need to recert my CCNP this summer & I know I can do this by passing any of the 642 exams.

So you have your CCNP and you are asking how hard the exams are? uhhhh icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    Now working full time!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    lowfell wrote:

So you have your CCNP and you are asking how hard the exams are? uhhhh icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    I think he wants to know how difficult the current CCNP exams are. The exams were quite different 3 to 6 years ago.
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I'd re-up the CCNP with whichever exam had the most material I'm already comfortable with, or at least the most material I'm interested in
    I agree, and you could also consider what would be most useful at your current job. If you are working mostly with routers I'd go for the routing exam so you don't only update the CCNP but also the knowledge you can apply.
  • peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

I too have just joined today as I need to re-certify my CCNP by January 2008...

so what's this about passing /any/ CCNP exam to re-certify?

Last time I did this was two years ago and it was a case of passing either routing AND switching OR the composite exam...

Is it just one exam now for the CCNP recert?

I'll be very happy if it is...

Regards
    Peter
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You only need to pass one professional level exam in any track to recertify your ccnp.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi Ed,

thanks for the update...

I've just followed a link from another message that got me into Cisco and I've read up on what's involved.

Looks much easier with just one exam but the exams seem much harder now!

So much seems to have changed since version 2 of the Cisco Study books that I'll probably buy the full set and re-read everything...I need to check it out a bit more before spending my cash!

I'd planned to spend this routing and then switching, allowing about six months for each exam but that's all changed now....

Routing looks the best exam for me...

but the switching book looks like it will be challenging and hence interesting (but I don't fancy the exam!).

Regards
    Peter
  • lowfelllowfell Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lowfell wrote:

Thanks chaps, I think i'll go fo the ISCW 642-825 . I'll let you know how i get on.
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    lowfell wrote:
    lowfell wrote:

Thanks chaps, I think i'll go fo the ISCW 642-825 . I'll let you know how i get on.
    Good luck ! icon_cool.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs