Tips?

coextendingcoextending Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have 30 days until my scheduled exam? What should I really really be focusing on? Other than the spots I am weak in obviously. Any last minute tips or advice in terms of exam prep/passing?

Comments

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you using an practice exams you can find? I think Quizlet probably has flash cards and online quizzes if you're running out of practice options. I took N+ several versions ago, so I don't know if the newer exam has any particularly tough parts.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What study materials have you been using? Any practice exams?

What are your weak spots (either located from practice exams or self aware of those weaknesses)? There may be some other materials that can help understand the concepts outside of what you're using.
  • coextendingcoextending Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Subnetting is my biggest weakness, particularly Class A and B.
    Numbers for 802.11a/b/g/n/ac or numbers for ISDN/T1/T3/E1/E3 in terms of speeds etc.
    In general Network+ Objective 3.0 Network operations,

• Diagram symbols
    • Standard operating procedures/ work instructions
    • Logical vs. physical diagrams
    • Rack diagrams
    • Change management documentation
    • Wiring and port locations
    • IDF/MDF documentation
    • Labeling
    • Network configuration and performance baselines
    • Inventory management
    • Availability concepts - Fault tolerance - High availability - Load balancing - NIC teaming - Port aggregation - Clustering - Power management - Battery backups/UPS - Power generators - Dual power supplies - Redundant circuits
    • Recovery - Cold sites - Warm sites - Hot sites - Backups - Full - Differential - Incremental – Snapshots
    • MTTR
    • MTBF
    • SLA requirements
    • Processes - Log reviewing - Port scanning - Vulnerability scanning - Patch management - Rollback - Reviewing baselines - Packet/traffic analysis
    • Event management - Notifications - Alerts – SIEM
    • SNMP monitors – MIB
    • Metrics - Error rate - Utilization - Packet drops - Bandwidth/throughput
    • VPN - IPSec - SSL/TLS/DTLS - Site-to-site - Client-to-site
    • VNC
    • HTTPS/management URL
    • Remote file access - FTP/FTPS - SFTP – TFTP
    • Out-of-band management - Modem - Console router
    • Privileged user agreement
    • Password policy
    • On-boarding/off-boarding procedures
    • Licensing restrictions
    • International export controls
    • Data loss prevention
    • Remote access policies
    • Incident response policies
    • BYOD
    • AUP
    • NDA
    • System life cycle - Asset disposal
    • Safety procedures and policies

Everything else I just need to review or there are in general things I need to learn like: UTM appliance, NGFW, VoIP PBX, DMVPN, MPLS, FCoE, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, InfiniBand, NDA, Linux command lines (don't have a Linux box to test with at school: iptables, ifconfig, tcpdump, pathping, nmap, route, dig)

I am watching all of Professor Messors videos right now and I'm going to read all of my new Mike Myers book when it gets here, I'm planning to do 35 pages a day.

Edit: and pretty much all of section 5.0 for troubleshooting.
    PC509 wrote: »
    What study materials have you been using? Any practice exams?

What are your weak spots (either located from practice exams or self aware of those weaknesses)? There may be some other materials that can help understand the concepts outside of what you're using.
  • sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    download Network+ syllabus, and use Professor Messer videos, and check mark areas you are confident about. Use more than one study resources <books, the Internet>. Personally I use a new Network+ Anthony Sequera book with online practice tests.

This exam is hard, but I am sure you will pass.
    working on CCNA
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just make sure you have a good understanding of the objectives.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • Domm362Domm362 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2018
    I would recommend going through each of the exam objectives. Review them and see where your weaker points are. Make flashcards of the terms and/or acronyms you may not know. Also watch Professor Messer's Network+ videos (http:.//www.professormesser.com). He covers each of the exam objectives in individual videos - overall very helpful. I would also recommend finding some practice exams online to really get a feel for what is going to be asked and how it will be asked on the real test.

From my experience, make sure you know your port numbers, as well as wireless standards (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Ethernet+Fiber Optic standards.
    "Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners."