Firebrand or Net-Security

PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+

Comments

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Firebrand all the way. Net Security useless - I know someone who knows the owner!
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dude.

Expensive though....
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PeterHands wrote: »
    Thanks Dude.

Expensive though....

I know know a colleague that did Firebrand and passed. A hard week but worth it.
    Another person I know is on the Firebrand course in November.

I think they will REALLY struggle as they've never looked at any CISSP material before.

I personally don't like the idea of any boot camp. Especially for the CISSP. But that's just my view.

Dont forget the pride includes all meals and accommodation.

If if I was doing the boot camp I would spend 2 months studying hard, podcasts too and treat the boot camp as a lead up to the exam. Otherwise you may find yourself doing 16 hour days for 6 days.
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)
    If i fail the exam before christmas, i will bite the bullet and put myself on the course!
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can vouch for Firebrand. Been on two courses with them, with a third coming up. Expensive, yes. But you literally have everything covered: lodging, food, paperwork, stationery, labs, 24/7 access, all included. You literally eat, live and breathe their courses, and it's an excellent way for me to learn.

I intend to put my staff on courses there also in due course (only been in my new role a month).
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • ansionnachclisteansionnachcliste Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been through two courses with Firebrand, and I found them to be excellent.
    They provide an excellent service to comfort the trainee through the process.

I won't comment on the trainers as it's different for different locations and availability.
    Thanks all. Just wish I had a discount code as paying for myself lol