Options

Passed CCNA 200-105 (890/811)!

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]I just recently passed the CCNA 200-105 exam:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]- Lan Switching Technology (75%)
- Routing Technology (76%)
- Wan Technology (70%)
- Infrastructure Service (38%)
- Infrastructure Maintenance (78%)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Study Material:[/FONT]
  • Todd Lamel Sybex book.
    - read it front to back.
  • CBT Nuggets - Jermey
    - watched all the topics covered within the book and when he told me to lab, I busted out packet tracer and lab.
[FONT=&amp]
Method:
A) I then went back and reread the sybex book for my annotations and the Troubleshoot part.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]B) I then white board the key element of the book.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]C) I used the CCNA exam objective as a my practice question and just from memory was able to write out the answers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

The problem I encounters was time throughout the exam. I got held up on a interactive question which was #38/56 with 20 minutes left.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
I was able to find the answer for question 1/2 but the other parts I had to guess and basically was answering question rather fast for the remaining 16. I figured I had failed.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The trick for the exam I think is during the lab part to document the interfaces on the laminated paper that’s provided by the testing center and the key elements you need to answer the questions that you've found.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Good Luck![/FONT]
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• Options
    cabowabocabowabo Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    B.S. Network Admin | CCNP-Wireless
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2018:
    CCNP-W [X] ACSA [X] JNCIA [X]
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2019: CCIE-W [ ? ] CWAP [ ? ]
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I recall time being an issue on both of my Cisco tests. I think I finished with 5-10 minutes left on each.

Currently I am working on Microsoft and I don't think time is as bad on them. I usually have at least a half hour left over. As soon as I am done with my MCSA I am planning to renew my CCNA so I will be able to better compare them sometime next spring.

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□