CySA+ Questions

donald.haywooddonald.haywood Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been lurking on this forum for roughly a year now and figured I should at least make an account to ask some questions.

I currently am studying the CySA+ material. I have the Carnegie Mellow FedVTE videos that I watched through... really boring, but manageable. I have the All-in-one book by Chapman/Mayami as well as the practices test on Udemy for them. I also have Jason Dions course and extra practice bank on Udemy.

Over the course of the last month and a half, I have been going through all this material. On the Mayami practices test, even first attempts I can score 85% or more. When I take the Jason Dion though, I believe my HIGHEST score is around 78%. Is it just that the All-in-one questions are easier and more straight forward, or they are covering different portions of the exam? Which one is more in-line with the test? I plan on continuing the study the material until I score higher on both exams but I fear if I just constantly take these, I will start answering questions based on memory and not knowledge... if that makes sense.

Comments

• ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the beta exam for CySA+, so I did not have access to these CySA+ specific study materials. However, I did use CEH study materials and practice exams to help prep. The subject matter seemed similar. So, for variety you might try some CEH practice exams.

Also, think about using the website Quizlet. I see lots of CySA+ flashcards and practice questions there, and I believe it's free to register. I used some practice exams there for a couple recent tests and most of them were helpful.
  • donald.haywooddonald.haywood Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the CEH material as well, mostly due to a friend of mine taking and passing. I will go through some of the tests and brush up more on some of the things I don't seem to understand. Thank you!
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like to post quizlet sets that give about 50% wrong answers for various exams and such.

(I don't really, but just making a point.) :)

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LonerVamp wrote: »
    I like to post quizlet sets that give about 50% wrong answers for various exams and such.

(I don't really, but just making a point.) :)

LOL. Yeah, but there is still helpful quizzes there. I've used several, and found them to be good. Honestly, if one is deep enough into their studies, a lot of those questions with wrong answers should stand out, if nothing else make you refer back to the textbooks or Wikis to verify. It sure saves buying tons of online services to prep if one is short of money.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I can't speak to the comparison between the practice tests, but I can give a little feedback on study material. I used the LiveLessons Video course, a video course and questions from Udemy (I'd have to login to see who made those, might have been Jason Dion). The Livelessons course was the most useful in my experience.

I can't speak to any direct help, but I did study for CySA concurrently with CCNA Cyberops (specifically, SECFND test). There's a lot of overlap, and I'm sure that helped me pass on my first attempt too.
  • jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex Wiley CySA+ practice questions. They seemed to be a good tool in comparison to the actual exam IMO.