Passed the TOGAF 9 exam today

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed the combined exam. Not going to lie, was a pretty tough exam. Good luck to anyone studying for this beast.
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 121 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Once I'm done with CCSK, it will be TOGAF then COBIT.
    Certifications : ITIL, MCSA Office 365, MCSE Productivity, AWS CSAA, Azure Architect, CCSK, TOGAF
    Studying for :  TBD
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on those exams! I'm up in the air about either doing my Masters in Cybersecurity, AWS Certified SA, or CISSP-ISSAP. But taking a break to let me brain heal for a bit.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the TOGAF pass...am well in for my CISSP-ISSAP.

Enjoying the studying and reading ryt nw..
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!! TOGAF is still high on my list to do, especially now that I've knocked out CCSP/CCSK. Can you give me some details on your prep? I've got the Official TOGAF books. Curious on how much time you spent studying, etc.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!!! TOGAF is still high on my list to do, especially now that I've knocked out CCSP/CCSK. Can you give me some details on your prep? I've got the Official TOGAF books. Curious on how much time you spent studying, etc.

I recommend using Scott Duphy's video's on Udemy. Wait till they go on sale for like $9.99 a course well worth it. Might also be worth getting his Part 2 for TOGAF v9.1 since the OpenGroup won't be enforcing the actual 9.2 exam till 2019. So the material is still revelant.

As for the material from The Open Group, you have everything you need. I recommend doing as much memorization of both Part 1 and Part 2 even though Part 2 is openbook. I didn't reference the PDF during the exam for any of the Part 2 section so it's definetly doable but not recommended from experience lol.

I'm old school, so I printed the PDF's out into 2 binders, 1 at the office and one at home.

Lastly, flash cards on Quizlet helped a lot.

People out there say you only need about 2 weeks or so to prep YMMV. I learned a lot so I took about 2 months to prep for this. Well worth the read.

Good luck on your journey to the TOGAF Certification.
    luisbee wrote: »
    Congrats on the TOGAF pass...am well in for my CISSP-ISSAP.Enjoying the studying and reading ryt nw..
    I've been thinking about the CISSP-ISSAP, but I don't see it being requested in a lot of jobs, except for DoD. It's been on my list for a while, but want to skin some other cats in he mean time because of industry, emerging technologies, etc....Good luck on the CISSP-ISSAP exam!!!
  • Bold123Bold123 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've signed up for a training course and plan to take TOGAF test in the near future. My training provider told me that they would not send me the latest study guide for TOGAF 9.2 (from the Open Group) because the test would be for 9.1. Shall I use older study guide? If yes, how old (which year) shall I go back to for the study guide? Would appreciate any input!
    Bold123 said:
    I've signed up for a training course and plan to take TOGAF test in the near future. My training provider told me that they would not send me the latest study guide for TOGAF 9.2 (from the Open Group) because the test would be for 9.1. Shall I use older study guide? If yes, how old (which year) shall I go back to for the study guide? Would appreciate any input!
    The 9.2 guide is sufficient.  9.2 material only will start being seen in it's entirety this year on Nov 1st .  Last November 1st, all the official trainers needed to start using the 9.2 material, but because people still had the 9.1 material that they were studying from, TOGAF has stated that both the 9.1 and 9.2 material will be ok to study from till Nov 1st 2019.

Good luck!
  • Bold123Bold123 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ecuison said:
    Bold123 said:
    The 9.2 guide is sufficient.  9.2 material only will start being seen in it's entirety this year on Nov 1st .  Last November 1st, all the official trainers needed to start using the 9.2 material, but because people still had the 9.1 material that they were studying from, TOGAF has stated that both the 9.1 and 9.2 material will be ok to study from till Nov 1st 2019.

Good luck!
    Thank you! I'll request the current study guide then!
    Bold123 said:
    ecuison said:
    Bold123 said:

Good luck!
    Thank you! I'll request the current study guide then!

Just to provide details from TOGAF:

What is the impact on TOGAF 9 certification?

The TOGAF 9 People Certification program has been designed to accommodate updates to the TOGAF 9 standard, such as the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.
    The certification levels remain as TOGAF 9 Foundation and TOGAF 9 Certified. Individuals who are currently certified in the TOGAF 9 People Certification program remain certified.
    The syllabus for TOGAF 9 certification has been updated to align with the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 and became mandatory on November 1st, 2018. The syllabus (the set of conformance requirements) is available as Document X1810 http://www.opengroup.org/library/x1810

The examination questions have been designed to accommodate both 9.1 and 9.2 up to November 1, 2019 (this extended period allows for those candidates with exam vouchers who can take up to 12 months to take their examinations).
    The reference text provided with the Open Book examinations switched to the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 on November 1, 2018.

Accredited TOGAF 9 Training Courses are required to teach 9.2 from  November 1, 2018. From November 1, 2019, the examinations can include new topic material from the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2.

https://www.opengroup.org/faqs-about-togaf-standard-version-92