Options

Anyone taken the CASP CAS-003

CertinatorCertinator Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
I plan on taking CAS-003 within the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone could share there experience with it. I heard the Sims were a beast.

Comments

• Options
    Alan15808Alan15808 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've taken the CASP twice in the past 3 weeks. I'm a Network/Security engineer with 14+ years of direct experience and certs. I won't go into the long list of training material, online courses and **** I've been through in preparing. You all know the drill.
    The test **** available are all pretty close to the actual exam. The problem with them, is the answers they provide are at least 20% incorrect and the answers on their sims are ridiculously worthless.
    The test itself has a lot of multiple choice (choose 2 or choose 3 style) and you can easily throw out one or two of the answers. Problem is, there may be 4 very reasonable choices for a "choose 2" question. There are a couple of hands on do this and that labs that are not well written don't clearly explain what result they want.
    I'm going to try the test again because I have a job offer that requires passing it. Otherwise I'd never go back. Uggghhhhh!
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Alan15808 wrote: »
    The test **** available are all pretty close to the actual exam. The problem with them, is the answers they provide are at least 20% incorrect and the answers on their sims are ridiculously worthless.

Maybe you should try learning the concepts instead. :-/
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Alan15808Alan15808 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. I am working on that with Michael Shannon's training from Pearson and Kelly Hanrahan's Cybrary CASP training. And to get a feel for the exam I had been using a **** and I don't feel bad about that at all. When I see an exam answer on a prep exam, I always reseach that "answer". WHY is it the correct answer? What made it a better choice and is it really the correct answer. That is also training. The problem comes into play when for example JavaScript, AJAX, CSS and SQLi are answers and NIST (by way of descriptioin) lists 3 of those as possible answers.
    My point is, there are 2 sides to a coin.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You should spend some time reading CompTIA's stance on authorized training materials. If they had reason to believe you've used **** to prepare for a certification, they reserve the right to pull your certification. This forum also does not support the use of ****.

https://certification.comptia.org/testing/test-policies/unauthorized-training-materials

"Despite a candidate’s knowledge of whether content is considered unauthorized training material, if a candidate memorizes unauthorized content in order to pass an exam and CompTIA discovers this occurred, the candidate will be banned from taking CompTIA exams for at least 12 months and lose his or her CompTIA certification. In addition, his or her test scores will be invalidated. As mentioned above, these actions will be taken even if the candidate did not have fraudulent intentions."
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    jmarkg7jmarkg7 Registered Users Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be taking the CASP exam in mid-December, I am using Micheals CASP videos and CYbrarys CASP training. I'm attending a course at ONLC. I hope by doing all this I will be able to pass.
    I just passed CySA+, and have been in IT / Security for about 7 years now. Good Luck.
  • Options
    crking3crking3 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have net+, Sec+, a 6 month intensive cyber program for the military, and ZERO experience ........I am currently studying for CASP and have no definitive timeline for when I want to take it ...obviously the sooner the better .......I’m going to go through the cert guide Abernathy book all with the Michael Shannon skillsoft videos, with less emphasis on memorizing than just covering the material.....then after that I’m not sure what to do??? Does anyone have any suggestions for follow up to the book/videos...particularly questions etc???? I heard Kaplan/transgender was good......also please do not contribute comments about why am I getting a cert that I have no experience for .....that’s a completely different conversation.....thanks!!