ITProTV

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my company has enrolled in ITProTV, hopefully the will fund the exams :)

Anyone else ITProTV, how do you find it?

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They were good when I was studying for my 70-744 exam as CBTnuggets doesn't cover it.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Too much banter for my tastes.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    They were ok. Felt more like a talk show format than a real learning format. That's what turned me off from it. When it comes to learning stuff, I'm more of a direct to the point type. I like the talking and casual stuff, but when studying for an exam - just the facts, maam. It was almost a distraction the way they did it.

Good production work, good information, if you're good with the way they present it then it's definitely a great resource.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Too much banter for my tastes.

They keep it that way so you don't fall asleep because some of their video are VERY LONG, some are too long compared to CBT Nuggets and Pluralsight.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you can snag one of the 50% off coupons, it is worth it. Full price? I don't think the value is there. I will say that one of my biggest training regrets has been canceling my grandfathered account (It was 20/month) - for that price, it was a really good value.

The training is not the best but I think most of them are entertaining enough.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well sometime, I am considering an ITPro subscription based on the talk show format. It can get long and dry to watch a Pluralsight course on TV.. and if you want to look casually at it on the TV, ITProt is a better format. live human look more fun than powerpoint hell.

However I love Pluralsight and their content, sometime I just need something lighter.
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can snag one of the 50% off coupons, it is worth it. Full price? I don't think the value is there. I will say that one of my biggest training regrets has been canceling my grandfathered account (It was 20/month) - for that price, it was a really good value.

The training is not the best but I think most of them are entertaining enough.
        I just got a subscription for approx $20.30 bucks a month.  They got a deal going this month(Dec 2018) for $29.00 a month for the personal plan and if you add the promo code chat30, it'll knock and additional 30%(can't beat that). I'm using it to study for 70-744(like malachi1612 above) as pluralsight is a bit all over the place(learned some things though, on a 3 month trial which is about to end). Also going to use ITPRO for the VCP 6.5, work just paid for the class in beginning of December. So far, pretty good for 70-744, definitely quite different than CBT nuggets, but as well all know, there is not any training with CBT nuggets for the 70-744.       
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Saw them at Ignite. They seemed super aggressive to overtake CBTnuggets. I checked them out and didn't care for the talk show style for cert study.
  • sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hated them. The format is awful. 55 minutes of fluff and trying to be funny for five minutes of information, if that. There appeared to be almost no preparation for their shows. No visuals other then them drawing things on the fly.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PC509 said:
    They were ok. Felt more like a talk show format than a real learning format. That's what turned me off from it. When it comes to learning stuff, I'm more of a direct to the point type. I like the talking and casual stuff, but when studying for an exam - just the facts, maam. It was almost a distraction the way they did it.

Good production work, good information, if you're good with the way they present it then it's definitely a great resource.
    Pretty much my thoughts
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...