Going for CISSP

CalibraCalibra Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

After completing Security+ and CEH, I decided to go for CISSP.

I started a progress thread because out of all the exams I've done, this one is by far the hardest when it comes to motivation.

Plan of attach

1) Watch CBT Nuggets - Completed
2) Watch Cybrary - 25% Complete
3) Read the CISSP Official Study Guide v8
4) Do Boson practise tests

James

Comments

• ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your journey!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • kurtkobaindtkurtkobaindt Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Calibra wrote: »
    Hi

After completing Security+ and CEH, I decided to go for CISSP.

I started a progress thread because out of all the exams I've done, this one is by far the hardest when it comes to motivation.

Plan of attach

1) Watch CBT Nuggets - Completed
    2) Watch Cybrary - 25% Complete
    3) Read the CISSP Official Study Guide v8
    4) Do Boson practise tests

James

Plan your exam date first and then study hard with minimum 3 months if you've already had Security+ and CEH. And change your mindset from technical to managerial. And adds Eric Conrads books to your preferences including sunflower CISSP a month before exam. Find many practice exams resources. And good luck for your journey.
  • CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Plan your exam date first and then study hard with minimum 3 months if you've already had Security+ and CEH. And change your mindset from technical to managerial. And adds Eric Conrads books to your preferences including sunflower CISSP a month before exam. Find many practice exams resources. And good luck for your journey.

I would totally agree with this.

Studying is exhausting, especially if it goes on for months or there is no end in sight. I would book the exam for 2-3 months time, and work hard towards that.
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agree with what the others have shared, but you have to consider the amount of experience you have, the rate at which you learn or absorb the concepts and your personality.

In my case, I'm a slow reader and scheduling the exam ahead of time would probably cause me to panic and care more for the upcoming exam rather than learning the material. Believe it or not, it took me more or less 4 to 5 months just to read Eric Conrad's 11th Hour book (200 pages only) from cover to cover. icon_study.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • CalibraCalibra Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback.
    This evening I done 5 hours of encryption.
  • datcomputerdudedatcomputerdude Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking mine on Dec. 10. I wonder does anyone here who has passed the new CAT exam recommend the Boson test engine.