Options

New job..wanted advice!

AODITAODIT Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
So months ago I failed the A+ 901 then got a job at a computer store and lost it. Things were bad for months.. getting rejected time after time but I studied while I applied and after many rejections finally got an opportunity and offer. Shortly after the offerI retook the exam and passed it! I start work next week so here's where I want some advice. I lost my job at the computer store because the owner had financial concerns but I think also because I didn't bring enough value! I was applying for IT support positions but landed this Network Center support typa position thank god. So I wanted to know how can I come in and show my value to this IT service company? I want more money but I thankfully accepted the offer as is lol. Im in my early 30s and I want to get the ball rolling as far as my career and my development. Thank you for any tips or advice. Again I want to help this mid size IT service company as much as I can to help myself and them!

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A lot of people start at a new company and immediately point out the things they do wrong. My suggestion is to avoid this at all cost. Show up do your job and apply that knowledge to your own skill set.

Having a positive attitude is your best shot at being successful.

Good Luck
  • Options
    draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just be there on time and be willing to work. Don't be a person that slacks off. That reputation will be eventually be known and only good things will come. Also keep working on the certs with a networking job I would get started on your Network+ and then CCNA but for the first 3 - 6 months just focus on learning the job.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Show up on time for the entire day, do your job, be polite and attentive. Don't go applying for the next job up before your boss knows you can handle the one you were hired for. Don't avoid the conversation if they bring it up but three months in, don't bring it up yourself. Three month in is the time to ask "How am I doing? Where can I improve?"
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,049 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Go study and pass your 902 exam.

Agreed with everyone else; be a team player.