Options

CISM Book Recomendation

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello everyone im taking a CISM class next spring and wanted to get a jump on reading materials. I had the CISM review manual and it was dryyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I don't think i can make it through. has anyone found success with any other books?
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey CLM,

Depending on your years of experience and when you last wrote your CISSP, you're pretty strong enough to use the official CISM Manual and the QAE Database which you can purchase on the ISACA website (Min subscription period is for 1 year). When I took the exam back last year in April, I was able to pass using those two pieces of study material; I passed the CISSP exam back in October. Some may say that you can go straight to the QAE database, go over in a couple of weeks and pass the exam. Good luck.

Cheers,
  • Options
    fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the official books both on paper form. A friend also read "CISM Certified Information Security Manager All-in-One Exam Guide" said it didn't have all the concepts but it wasn't sleep inducing as the ISACA one. If you have safari books online give it a try.

Just don't forget to buy the questions and answers from ISACA, it helped me a lot with getting the hang of the wording in the exam.

Cheers,
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    +1 for what DZA_ said. The CISM manual is an awesome cure for insomnia but if you just did the CISSP, you really just need to skim the review and use the QAE database for a practice. That's pretty much all I did for both the CISM and CRISC.