Just passed Digital Forensics Professional

r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
So finally I passed the Digital Forensics Professional Exam from eLearnSecurity. This exam gave me so much new learning in the field of digital forensics. This course is really a must even if you are in a SOC position as it helps you on your log and file analysis as well as carving network pcaps and recovering corrupted disk. The exam is not easy for me but very fulfilling once you finished the it! default_smile.png

Shoutout to dimitrios, the training director of eLearnSecurity for such a fantastic customer support service. Every time I have question to him, it only took him atleast 15mins to reply and immediately helped me from lab issues up to some confusion on the exam. One of the best support I had! Thanks man! The only topics that I wanted to learn in depth is memory forensics which is not covered on this course, but hopefully they will add this module in the future updates!

I'll start my journey now to eCPPT and will take a rest for 2 days. Hope to finish eCPPT before new year!

PS. I'll make a blog soon about my journey on eJPT, eCDFP and also eCPPT once I finished it! default_smile.png Thanks ELS for this awesome experience.
Tagged:

Comments

• u1trasu1tras Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the review!
    How long did it take you to go through the course from the begining to certification?
    Certs: OSCP, eCTHP
    2019 Goals:
    eCTHP (done), FOR578 (done), FOR555 (done), Python (in progress), ELK, eCIR, SEC599, NetWars DFIR, FOR610
  • r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    u1tras wrote: »
    Congrats! Thanks for the review!
    How long did it take you to go through the course from the begining to certification?

It took me almost 3 months because I spent 3 weeks of vacation. But it is doable for 2 months I think :)
    r3nzsec wrote: »
    It took me almost 3 months because I spent 3 weeks of vacation. But it is doable for 2 months I think :)

And have many hours (in average) did you spend per day?
    2019 Goals:
    eCTHP (done), FOR578 (done), FOR555 (done), Python (in progress), ELK, eCIR, SEC599, NetWars DFIR, FOR610
    u1tras wrote: »
    And have many hours (in average) did you spend per day?

Probably around 2-3 hrs per day. And 5 hrs on weekend
    Nice tempo, thanks!
    2019 Goals:
    u1tras said:
    Nice tempo, thanks!
    Thanks man. Are you planning to take this course as well?
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Thank you so much! :) 
    r3nzsec said:
    u1tras said:
    Nice tempo, thanks!
    Thanks man. Are you planning to take this course as well?
    Yes, I might. But THP course first:)
    2019 Goals:
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I have one question, what level of computer forensic this training give you? Is it very low , medium or very advance?
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

impelse said:
    Congrats, I have one question, what level of computer forensic this training give you? Is it very low , medium or very advance?
    I would say medium. This course gave me tons of learning and information. Specially when performing the lab exercises every after the module. Although this course is lack of memory forensic module, I still recommend this course for those aspiring forensicators out there. It's really worth it for sure. 
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks

Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.