Options

CWNA-107 Passed

hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
The motive behind this exam for me was that I did not understand wireless at all really. We have wireless problems still where I work, but I do understand the technology now. I am familiar with using Ekahau as well now. To prepare for the exam, I read the OCG and watched an old YouTube series. I passed with an 80% (passing score 70%) and it was a fair exam I feel like. I struggled with "protocols and devices". I cannot go into too many details about the exam obviously, but when I studied I always struggled with the names of the PHYs (like 802.11n is called HT) and the coding/modulation schemes behind them. I'm not sure why either. Still though, a pass is a pass. Maybe CCNA wireless next?

Our problems at work are not coverage or interference related, but packet loss seems to occur even when clients are nearby. Zoom shows the packet loss, and even a basic ping test will show a drop then 5-6 consecutive pings in the 1000-4000 ms range. Really unsure what is going on, still working on it.

Comments

• Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I, too, plan on taking CWNA soon, hopefully within month. I'm not on the network side of our organization, but we do some support on the RADIUS and mobile device side. So, having some understanding of the latest wireless technologies helps.
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all. I would recommend this to any network engineer. It's good to know, even if on the other side of the org.
  • Options
    Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! This one has been on my list for a long time.