CISSP Background requirement

itguy006itguy006 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I am planning to sit for CISSP exam however something that caught my eye and im not sure what to do about it. I would like to get opinion from others

Before i can sit for exam i must be able clear all the following requirements as per the site

https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam/Background-Qualifications

Have you ever been convicted of a felony, a crime based on dishonesty (felony or misdemeanor involving lying) or a Court Martial in military service, or is there a felony charge now pending against you? (Omit minor traffic violations and offenses prosecuted in juvenile court.)

Have you ever been involved, or publicly identified, with criminal hackers or hacking?

Have you ever had a professional license, certification, membership or registration revoked, or have you ever been censured or disciplined by any professional organization or government agency?

Have you ever been known by any other name, alias, or pseudonym? (Omit user identities or screen names with which you were publicly identified. Also omit name changes due to marriage or adoption.

I should be good in all except name change. Now when i was 6 months old i had a name change from what it is now(firstname). That name change was in my home country and not even in Canada. So i HARDLY doubt that it is even in the records here anywhere. (although during migration i was asked for Birth certificate which had that name and so i had to provide all the documentation on the name change)

But in all honesty, i have had security clearance, multiple background checks done in past for emplacements and no one has even brought it to my attention that "we see a different name on your file or background".

With all that being said, do you guys think its worth the hassle or even worth mentioning to ISC2 that i had a different name when i was 6 months old? Knowing that may disqualify me as potential candidate as per the point above?

Do they have a way to find out somehow and/OR if they do what could be the potential consequence if i dont mention it right out.

Comments

• itguy006itguy006 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does any one have any feedback? 
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think you have anything to worry about, if I were you - call them
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As usual, ISC2 has the final word, so my opinion is worth what you pay for. Having said that, I bet ISC2 is not running SF86 type data against you. 
    I agree with him, it's not like you are filling up SF-86, my SF-86 was 65 pages long :-), besides ISC2 is granting you ISC2 related certification, they are not granting you a character certification. Those are some annoying questions from ISC2 which i view as intrusive of my personal life, its not there business to know all those info about my life. But, hey you gotta answer them for to take the exam so just answer them with your best ability, and when in doubt call/email them and ask for clarification. Good luck with your exam.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited November 2018
    They way I look at is like this:  it can't hurt to put your birth information in there, even knowing that they are unlikely to dive too deeply into your background.  Having said that, why don't you email them and see what they think?  They are the final word on their products, so following their guidance will keep you out of future trouble with them. 
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • itguy006itguy006 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They way I look at is like this:  it can't hurt to put your birth information in there, even knowing that they are unlikely to dive too deeply into your background.  Having said that, why don't you email them and see what they think?  They are the final word on their products, so following their guidance will keep you out of future trouble with them. 
    From what i read above, they are saying they would potentially disqualify me to be eligible for certificate, if i ever had a different name. I dont want to take potential risks if they have no means of find this out. as i never really had that name show up on either security clearances or background checks.