Options

PMI-ACP Pass

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed the ACP exam over the weekend
I used Mike Griffiths book as well as the PMP Prepcast ACP exam simulator. I am currently an Agile PM so that also helped me to ace the exam with no problems.

Questions, let me know
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.  I am just starting the PMP cert process but I am planning to continue on with PMP-AGI immediately after.  It looks like you followed a similar path.  I am also planning on using the PMP Prepcast (for PMP first).  Can you give me an idea of your timeline for study and completion.  I am thinking I will only be able to get in about 15 hours a week at a computer but I have an hour commute to work each day which I intend to use to listen to the podcast material.  Any advice appreciated.  
  • Options
    MSSoftie said:
    Congrats on the pass.  I am just starting the PMP cert process but I am planning to continue on with PMP-AGI immediately after.  It looks like you followed a similar path.  I am also planning on using the PMP Prepcast (for PMP first).  Can you give me an idea of your timeline for study and completion.  I am thinking I will only be able to get in about 15 hours a week at a computer but I have an hour commute to work each day which I intend to use to listen to the podcast material.  Any advice appreciated.  
    Hi MSSoftie
    I dedicated about 20 hours a week (mostly late night hours) to study for the exam.  For each exam, there was at least one day where I cleared all obligations and studied for about 13 hours for each.  That was the big difference for me and helped me to absorb concepts while I was fully alert.  PMP will def. require more concentration than ACP.  Limit your PMP training to PMBOK and prepcast and you will be fine.

Let me knwoif you have any questions
    Good luck
  • Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats!!
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • Options

One more question for you.  How much overlap is there between the PMP and the PMP-AGI?  From the website it looks as though the PMP fulfils many of the requirements for sitting the PMP-AGI exam, however it is not necessary to have the PMP before you take the PMP-AGI.  Does this mean there is a good deal of overlap regarding general project management theory?

Thanks

• Options
    PMP will still guide you through a waterfall style for project managment while agile does everything to steer you away from leading project in a structured methodology.

True, you do not need the PMP to sit for the ACP but aside from the occasional PMBOK term to throw you off, the ACP can be considered its own exam.  PMP before ACP is just helpful because you have context in understanding how these two methodologies are different

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback.