71-236: TS: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring - Beta Invite!

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - Got another beta invite, trying to learn Vista at the same time. ! :S:S

Any tips on resources / material?

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the exam!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - Got another beta invite

lolz me too. Been studying for 285 for the last month and now gonna have to get cramming for 71-236. Got Exchange 2007 Beta 2 installed on some VM's and did the two free e-learning clinics so off to a decent start, hopefully icon_rolleyes.gif

Got it booked in for 11th Jan and there was me hoping for a relaxing xmas :P
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, there's quite a few live/on-demand webcasts over at Microsoft.
    http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/tnexchangeserver.mspx

Since I'm on 284, I really want to watch that 14 part series on exchange 2003. I would like to catch up on some of the 2007 videos also, but that won't be for a while.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got alot of studying to do and 5 days to do it! :)
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So has anyone taken this exam yet? :)
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Nope, Thurs 11th for me.

icon_eek.gificon_study.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • mlavenmlaven Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Earlier this month I also took the beta exam for Exchange 2007 (71-236). And I found it sometimes very difficult! There where a lot of question about the cmdlets. And because there was almost no study material, most of the questions I had to guess!

Now i'm waiting for the score......
    Some guys at work took it and they stated you need to know a lot of the powershell equivalents to things you can do in the gui. Sounds like it's a very difficult MS exam.

Also, how are you guys getting beta invites? Is there somewhere you can sign up for them?
  • mlavenmlaven Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    Also, how are you guys getting beta invites? Is there somewhere you can sign up for them?

Quote MS:

The MCP Flash is a monthly newsletter that includes updates on exams, MCP program announcements, special promotions and benefits for MCPs, and news from Microsoft Learning. As an MCP Flash subscriber, you are also eligible to receive beta exam invitations (available to select candidates only).

You are automatically subscribed to the MCP Flash when you pass a Microsoft certification exam.
    Ah thanks! I guess I should read those MCP Flash newsletters I have been getting in my e-mail. :)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icroyal wrote:
    Ah thanks! I guess I should read those MCP Flash newsletters I have been getting in my e-mail. :)
    The 'regular' MCP Flash newsletters don't contain the beta invitations codes, but when you are subscribed to it, you 'may' receive a special version with the code in it. If I remember correctly it actually used to have "Special" in the subject-line. In the following topic are some more thoughts about improving chances to get invited for beta exams:
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18662