Unauthorized Practice Exams for CTT+ (Spiral-bound)

seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
does anyone have an used spare copy of this book for sale? It's by Robin Pedrotti.

Amazon.com says:
Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.

Amazon.de and amazon.co.uk don't say anything, because they don't have it in their database.

Sooo, if someone needs some cash... icon_cool.gif

Comments

• falcon2099falcon2099 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, the courseware that I used was from Robin Pedrotti, but it was Train the Trainer for CTT+. That was all that I used and I scored a 702/900 (a pass is (was) 655). What I found the most difficult was the video submission (you can see my score report here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8434) because the scoring is done by a pannel.

Best of luck!
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)
  • seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks falcon!
    any input about the exam is valuable for me. How did you implement those objectives in the video? How did you make sure that you e.g. "motivated and reinforced" the learners enough? I'll be probably preparing my video by myself (I mean without the help of a ctt) and I don't know how do I decide that the video is "good enough"?
  • bexterbexter Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All - I'm in the same boat too.

I need the CompTia CTT+ in order to receive certification as a Adobe Instructor. My office is sending me on a three day bootcamp class which apparently preps me for the test, does the video etc at Unitek. I have no idea if the training is any good etc...I guess I'll find out. (scheduled at the end of Jan)

However, since I have limited experience as a trainer, I'm searching for anything valuable that I can read in advance of this class. The unathorized book is not available. I can't find the boson practise test (doesn't seem to be available anymore?)

The only thing I've seemed to locate is a book at CompTia called the CompTIA CTT+: CompTIA Press Student Edition (at www.comptia.org). So any words of widsom/advice or pointers to some half-decent study materials would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Rebecca
  • seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello again,

I've managed to organize two books which are useful for CTT+ preparation:
    - "Training for results" by Bob Mosher & co.
    - "Teaching effectively for Novell" by anonymous author

Now my question: does someone know where can I find "ibstpi standards" described in detail? CompTIA offers a relatively budget-sized description, which is not sufficient to solve test questions provided by CompTIA on their web site.

I have checked the ibstpi homepage, and they offer books as well, but there is no book like "ibstpi standards for ctt+" or something like this. Which book is "the right one"?

Thx in advance
    s.