Email Notifications Not Working

PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
edited November 2018 in TechExams Support
I don't seem to be getting any email notifications.  I have double checked email address listed in my profile, and my notification settings.

Comments

• infosec_darreninfosec_darren Registered Users Posts: 20 Admin
    I'm getting them - this is the first I've heard this.

Not in spam?  You didn't get one for my reply to your thread here?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am getting a bunch. No issue here. Are you sure you clicked it right  :D ?
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    edited November 2018
    My email is entered here correctly:

My notification preferences have "email" checked on all the boxes:

But I'm getting no email notifications.  Not in spam folder either.  I'm going to enter a different email account to see if that makes a difference.
    Alright, it won't let me change my email address.  I've tried several times in several different browsers.  When I change my email address, it asks me to enter my password.  When the page refreshes the field is blank.  When I click the Profile link, it shows my original email address.

This might just be something with my account.
    PM me. I can try and change it on the backedn
    DAY 5:
    I continue to post, but do not receive notifications.  I have changed my email address time and time again, and the site notifies me that it was changed.  But it's not.  The site is lying to me.  It is still the same email address, as if the site is telling me in a subtle way that I have no control over my life.  I am starting to feel... despondent.  There is nothing I can do to fix this.

I respond to posts.  I see people posting and writing all day long.  They talk about getting emails as if it's some kind of joke.  But it's not a joke.  I am no longer connected.

It's like I don't exist anymore.  Like I'm some kind of distant memory.  I'm starting to wonder if I'm still alive.  

Am I dead?
    DAY 5 CONTINUED:
    I have run out of coffee.  There are no K-Cups in my box anymore.  There are standard "original" flavor grounds in a ratty-looking container, but no filters for the antiquated percolator.  I may have to improvise with napkins soon.

When will it end?
    @PJ_Sneakers we do have this new moderation ability that lets us ghost people (nobody but you knows you exist). Sounds existential I know. But I just checked, you're not ghosted.

The coffee issue is a bigger problem. I'm in Seattle, we treat that seriously here. I sympathize.
    I've escalated this to support @ vanilla.

The email alert issue...not the coffee. You're on your own there.
    infosec_darren said:
    The coffee issue is a bigger problem. I'm in Seattle, we treat that seriously here. I sympathize.
    One of my favorite coffees is Seattle's Best!  I haven't tried a blend from them that I haven't liked.  I was really happy when it started showing up in grocery stores so I didn't have to bug my family to mail it to me anymore.  :)
    FYI:
    Thanks to Darren and JD Murray, we were able to get my issue resolved!  :)  So far everything seems to be working normally.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @infosec_darren - can you elaborate on what you meant by ghosting. I was also trying to change the email address on record and noticed that I couldn't do it. Is that by design?

@paul78 it's not a technical term, just a moderation option for spammers of the forum (we do get them). PJ_Sneakers had the same issue changing email - I think the forum software treats that like a primary key that you ideally don't change. That said - I was able to change it for PJ and it seems to have been ok, so if you want me to change yours, just PM it to me and I'll do that on the backend.