I'm going to miss listening to Shon Harris...

Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP exam on my first attempt!!! (10/24) Now waiting up to 8 weeks for endorsement.
Maybe a nice Xmas present? 

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wow - I thought this post was going to be about something else.  But nevertheless, Congrats on the pass.

May I ask what you were using as a resource? I am surprised to hear that Shon's recordings are still being used today for CISSP studies. It's great to hear that she still has such positive impact after all these years.

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

She has MP3s that you can listen to? Didn't know that previously.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    paul78 said:
    Wow - I thought this post was going to be about something else.  But nevertheless, Congrats on the pass.

What was it going to be about? 

Congrats on the pass! It's about 4 weeks until Christmas. Unless the time frame has picked up significantly, I'd be looking more to mid-Janurary. 
  • Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had downloaded Shon's Audio-book some time ago and this was the ONLY thing I listened to on 3~5 mile jogs summer mornings. I know so much new tech and so much tech has become obsolete since published, but the overall theory is the same. Use multiple sources!
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PC509 said:
    paul78 said:

What was it going to be about?
    I thought that perhaps the post was going to a poignant tribute to Shon. In some ways - it is. She passed away 4 years ago after a long illness.  She's left quite a legacy as an educator that people still obtain the CISSP using her materials.

@Tekn0logy - well done indeed.

• luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

Been using the new AIO 8th Edition for my ISSAP studies...am liking the updated versions and new techs included in it..
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    And the welcome letter has landed in my inbox... B)