Options

Worth it?

jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited November 2018 in CCNA Data Center
Debating whether to go for this Exam to renew my CCNA certs or just take CCDA exam?
I already support a production data center infrastructure at work.

Comments

• Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    on one hand the ccda is a single exam.  The ccna:dc is two.  so cost wise the ccda costs less.

doing the ccna:dc at the very least prove that you have the skills and the certification to back it up.  the exams will probably add to your knowledge and expertise.  making you more valuable to this employer or your next employer.

so, in my opinion, it is save a little now, or make a lot more later.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    go for something new & different...you already know the ccna stuff, right?  Go for some Linux, Microsoft, or some AWS...change it up
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Already have various other vendor certs. Just looking to pass a Cisco exam(s) to renew my current ones to reset the expiration date to another 3 years.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited November 2018
    Could always take the first of the two CCNA data center exams now, then do something else for like a year or so, then take part 2. Really stretch the renewal date out that way. This is assuming that taking CCNA data center part one renews CCNA R&S.

When I passed CCNA CyberOps part one, it renewed my CCNA R&S from that date for 3  more years.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP