CISSP in 3 days.....Need last minute preparation advice

AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited November 2018 in CISSP
I am due to take the CISSP exam on the 24th of this month. I hope that I have done enough preparation. My current sources are listed below. Are there any other resources that I should be using?

Sybex CISSP 8th edition - read this cover to cover
Eleventh Hour - E. Conrad
Shon Harris 8th edition - I really haven't read much of this book. It's like reading an encyclopedia 
Sunflower PDF v2. - just started using this 
Cybrary videos - Working my way through those

Boson Exams - I have been scoring 80% lately. Nothing below 70% in any domain. 
Sybex Exams - scored around 78% 

Comments

• COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Once you are done with Cybrary videos, skim through Eleventh Hour - E. Conrad. Do a quick review on SDLC, some quick reading on cloud. You will do fine, good luck with the exam!!

CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my advice would be not to cram.   it's a stressful test, and you've no doubt been going hard for a while now.  at this point, it's probably diminishing returns on hard studying.  I second the 11th hour recommendation, and add in a healthy dose of rest and relaxation so that you're fresh and comfortable going into the exam. 

Good luck
  • SecGuy22SecGuy22 Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited November 2018
    Dont do too much the night beforre the exam. Its quite a long exam, dont arrive to tired.

I personally hammer the audio training (Kelly on Cybrary is great - you dont need to watch the video), and practice questions. Take it easy the night before, and do some skim reading of diagrammes just before exam.

The material you have used to date is a good mixture. Good Luck.
    Certs: CISSP CISM PMP MCDST MCSA
    Next: CISA exam passed....now the wait.
  • RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you are ready for the promised land.  Please do slay the beast, sir.   :p
  • luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have already done the hard part of going through all the core materials for one to pass the exam. From now on, please do questions and questions only. And do refer the details where the practise question and answers differ with your thought process. If you have mind-maps, then thats wht you need to focus on from now on.

I would advise to take it easy and early the night before the exam i.e. Friday evening.

All the best and go hammer it, Sir!!!
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback! 
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For Boson, focus on the questions you get wrong.  Write the numbers down from each section. Then go back and only answer those questions.  For me, if I got a question right but struggled with it, I marked it as wrong

I did the same with the Sybex practice exam book.
    I passed this morning but I feel like I should’ve invested more time in the Shon Harris book.
  • AnteloperAnteloper Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed this morning but I feel like I should’ve invested more time in the Shon Harris book.
    Congratulations!! Kindly expand on this note, how would the Shon Harris book be more useful than the Sybex 8th Edition? (currently studying Sybex cover to cover).
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on passing the exam!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, why so? 
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! waiting for Lesson Learned  >:)>:) when you are ready to share.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam. I used Shon Harris AIO and cccure practise exams and that was sufficient to pass the exam. 

Whats next after CISSP? And please share your lessons learnt from the exam itself for the benefit of the wider community.
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you, AG...   :)
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, why so? 
     I was doing fairly decent on the Boson and Sybex exams but when I got in front of the real thing those questions looked nothing like any of the question I had seen. Maybe it was the CAT. 
    luisbee said:
    Congrats on passing the exam. I used Shon Harris AIO and cccure practise exams and that was sufficient to pass the exam. 

Whats next after CISSP? And please share your lessons learnt from the exam itself for the benefit of the wider community.
    I'm not sure what I wanna do next. I currently have the SSCP, CEH, and GCIH. Maybe AWS Solutions Architect. 
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!  So aside from Boson and Sybex, what other practice exam can you guys recommend?
    AnthonX
    anthonx said:
    Congrats!  So aside from Boson and Sybex, what other practice exam can you guys recommend?
    I would say try the ones included with the Shon Harris book, I didn't use them because they wording was drastically different both Sybex and Boson (which I was already scoring 80% on). I retrospect I think the wording may have been closer to the actual exam.