Unsure if I am ready

heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
As the title of this post says, I'm unsure if I am ready for the test. So far I have read the Gibson book and did all the practice exams on it, scoring about 70-75%. I also purchased his app and went through all of the material, watched all of Messer videos, took a course in college on information security which covered the 401 material, did many practice exams that I found online and other resources. I also use a tool from TestEngine to simulate the real exam and I can seem to score least a 70% on it. Did the Army skill port and measureup training. I am currently watching Mike Meyers videos on Udemy, once I complete that, I will schedule my exam. Thoughts?

Comments

• PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2018
    The current version of the test is 501 and the objectives are a lot different then 401. Most of the time the a new version of the test is mostly the same with a few updates, but there were a lot of differences this time (probably because they moved some of the material to CySA+).

I'd say the best way to know if you're prepared is to go through the entire exam objective list item by item and make sure you have a solid understanding of everything. Comptia is pretty good at giving you a full list of their exam objectives. I believe in you, but I'd study a little more before taking the exam. Study until your getting 95+% on those practice exams.

Put https in front of this url.... for some reason I can't posts links on the forum yet >_>

certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-security-sy0-501-exam-objectives.pdf

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    keep studying, why waste money on an exam if you are not ready.  no brainer!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'm currently deployed out here in the middle east, and my supervisor is sending me to a security + course, once I complete this course, I believe I will take a shot at it!