Disappointed in Format

edwilliamskyedwilliamsky Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm *really* trying to be positive here.  I've lurked in techexams for years, and it has always been my go to resource/first place to check for all things cert related.  I'm not sure if maybe I'm just being nitpicky, but this new "forum" format is absolutely unusable to me.  It no longer even feels like a forum - more like trying to have conversations in the comment section on someone's blog.  Sorry for the negativity, but I'm hoping there are plans to make this more forum like, or maybe someone else takes the initiative and creates techexams v2?

Comments

• ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited November 2018
    Yeah it is completely different and probably will need more time to get used to it I use to be one everyday but now im barely on it. and it feels weird having the site owned by a training provider. if we say we don't like there training or what not are we going to get booted?

I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    @Clm if you took our training and did not like it, I'd LOVE to learn why. That's how we get better! 

As long as your comments are fair, honest and professional, you can share whatever feedback you'd like. I'm not here to tell you how to live your life. :sunglasses:

@edwilliamsky can you share what's bothering you specifically? We are working on revisions as I type this and I'd love to get some specifics from you. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So when are the revisions coming or have they been in place already @Meggo
    It's been a few months since I was really active here but it looks the same. The color scheme is not very friendly either. 
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    @edwilliamsky what are your recommendations? the owners have been very accommodating, taking all feedback into consideration

since you've lurked for a long time, I'm compelled to ask what stopped you from posting & contributing and sharing your experiences with us? others will benefit from your experience.

Hope to see you here more often :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

@UnixGuy I got one quick recommendation. All this blue on blue on blue gotta go man. The font size is too small on a lot forum sections.  The forum is no longer mobile friendly,  most people don't use PC's, they use their phones and screen size is limited. That together with the color scheme makes my eyes hurt, seriously.  I'm sure other people have the same issue too.
    @TheFORCE would you mind sharing a screen grab or two of what this looks like on your phone? I use an S8 and enjoy the mobile version more than the desktop. Curious what phone you use and what your experience has been. 
    Who we are | What we do 
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just to mention, I have never once browsed this site via a mobile phone or tablet. I do all of my participation here from a PC.

I think the only persons who can say "most people don't use their PCs" are the ones who can inspect the logs.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
    Sure because I have the browser set to desktop site. This is how I was using it previously,  a lot easier to navigate around.
    @Meggo I'm using Samsung S7
    @TheFORCE there is a very nice mobile version available. I suggest you check that out. Let us know what you think!
    Who we are | What we do 
  • MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    TheFORCE said:
    @TheFORCE

@Meggo asked you that in another post. You are commenting on the wrong discussion topic. 

Maybe you need an iPhone or something Lol. You can start pre-ordering the iPhone 11 here -> https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-11-pro

Maybe it isn't the website  ?? :D :D :D :D :D

@Meggo case closed LOL 
    edited September 2019
    TheFORCE said:
    @TheFORCE

@Meggo asked you that in another post. You are commenting on the wrong discussion topic. 

Maybe you need an iPhone or something Lol. You can start pre-ordering the iPhone 11 here -> https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-11-pro

Maybe it isn't the website  ?? :D :D :D :D :D

@Meggo case closed LOL 
    For real? You said that?  You might want to look above 9 posts from the top. She actually asked in this post first, then on the other one after. So i responded to the original one because this is on topic.. the other post was for something else. Learn to keep things on track and on topic before you mouth off to a senior member Lolz 
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is anyone else having trouble editing their certifications on their profile? When I make the changes and save nothing happens. This is probably the wrong place to post this, but it has been a growing frustration on the new site. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • problematicproblematic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Struggling to get used to the layout still. I'm trying to find a word for how it makes me feel... It's sparse, there is not direction it's also very generic. I don't feel the interface gives me an structure and it's not intuitive to the eye. It's disappointing, I really don't think UI designers have a clue that if a site/tool is uninviting that people won't learn to love it. I really feel my site usage has dropped since the makeover.