Why can't I post links or pictures?

PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been a part of TechExams for over 2 years. Never had a warning or any of my posts reported. I don't post all the time, but I have 55 posts so far and never had any issues. Just curious what the requirements are.

I tried posting a link to the Comptia objectives for someone AND I tried adding a screenshot of the message I got on this post and both times I got a message saying this below (and it wouldn't let me post it).

You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.

Comments

• PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that's a bit ridiculous to be honest. Maybe your first 5-10 posts should be restricted, but I'm 50+ posts and 2 years in. I don't know what the requirement is to get to level 4, but this far in, the only thing the "added security" is doing it stopping me from helping other people. I've been a part of A LOT of forums and I've never seen chat restrictions this strict.

I'm not one to jump on the hate train with the new forum changes, but seriously... if I have to make 100 "congrats" posts just to be able to up my post count so I can post links then it's not really worth posting anymore.
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Sorry I'm late to this thread, but I have good news. 

We allow links/images in posts after 25 points (you're just one short at the time I write this, @Cameron M).

Here's how it works: 
    • After 25 points, you can post links and images, but posts are still subject to spam filters
    • After 150 points, your posts bypass spam filters
    Keep in mind, this is points, not posts. 25 is a little high, but like @Skyliinez92 said, it's easy to get there quickly and helps keep spammers out. 

All that aside, I just made you a verified user, so you won't run into this again. :) 

Hope this helps!
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    We can have some fun with this eventually if we want to (you can replace certain words with others...I have loads of ideas). 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Meggo said:
    Sorry I'm late to this thread, but I have good news. 
    All that aside, I just made you a verified user, so you won't run into this again. :) 

Hope this helps!
    Thanks!