Options

Important Skill's

anushkasinhaanushkasinha Registered Users Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
What is more important technical skills or soft skill? why?

I am working as System Admin having an experience of 5+ yrs in hardware and networking field.Also work as a Career Counsellor.

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's true. A good combination is the best way to go. I've worked with super technical people who had no social skills and didn't even bother trying to fit in. I know of one that got fired because of it.
  • Options
    anushkasinhaanushkasinha Registered Users Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your valuable guidance

I am working as System Admin having an experience of 5+ yrs in hardware and networking field.Also work as a Career Counsellor.

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Every position has a need for some form of "getting along with others". How much of that is needed depends on the role. A highly skilled engineer that can't get along with his coworkers isn't worth having around in most cases.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Soft skills, I'd say someone with good soft skills and decent technical knowledge is going to go father then someone with expert level skills. but lousy soft skills. 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Combination of both, it's make the team's life easy :-), I have worked with some super technical people with almost 0 soft skills, kinda hate that, but it is what it is.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • Options
    oliviazimmermanoliviazimmerman Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In most jobs, technical skills alone are not enough to be truly effective. The importance of soft skills is rising. Besides, it is harder to learn them, that's why they are even more valuable.