Should i go for the CCNA Security after Passing CCNP R/S?

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi I passed the CCNP R/S earlier this year and if i'm being honest security has always interested me the most in networking, i'd probably rank them as follows:

Security
R/S
Wireless
Voice (really dislike voice)

I'm wondering if it's worth going for the CCNA security? I feel like i'd be able to pass it but is it worth it now after getting the CCNP and would employers even look at it?

Thanks

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think the CCNA Security has really helped my resume one bit yet in the eyes of a hiring manager or HR. There's a lot of vendor neutral certs in security that will make you stand out a lot more. I'm listed as not looking on all the job boards, but I still get contacted for something 2 or 3 times a week because I have the CISSP. 
  • Glyphic83Glyphic83 Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you already answered whether or not it's worth doing when you rank-ordered your interests.  I don't know how much it will really help your resume; that probably depends on a lot of things not least of which is the market where you live.
    Regardless, if security is the track you're interested in and you enjoyed R&S, then IMO CCNA Security seems like a logical next step. 
    I do agree with alan2308 though that there are other security certs that are going to open more doors to employment.  There never seems to be any shortage of demand for CISSP, if that's an option for you.
    Or you could be a balla about it and do both  :)
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CISSP is more management. Knock out CCNA Sec and then move on to CCNP Sec. That way it would be on the same Technical level.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Suryasingh1Suryasingh1 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes you should go for it
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sure why not? 
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • itguy4lifeitguy4life Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited May 2019
    Yes, I think you should because that's what I did before when I am in the same situation as yours and I glad that I did. I was able to pass it with the help of  certlibrary.com I did practice a lot of test exams there and it really helped me in my career growth.

Hope it helped :)