Passed SSCP!

Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was way overdue in taking the exam. I was suppose to have knocked it out last year but I got lazy and lost focus. Anyways, I passed it on the first go around. The only book I used was Darril Gibson's All in One Exam Guide. The book was very well put together. I went through the book twice. The SSCP exam gives you 3 hours. Even though going in I thought I was completely ready, when I was in the exam, I found myself skipping a lot of question, at least 30. I think the reason why is that the exam didn't just give one obviously correct answer among the multiple choice answers. It really made me think. So I pretty much used over 2 hours to dwell on them. The one thing I've learned from taking cert exams is to take all the time that is given to you. It's not a speed contest. Now that it's over, 2019 I want to go for the GIAC GCFA.
CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass my friend! :#
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!  :smiley:
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TriggeriousTriggerious Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hopefully you see this :smile:

Any other helpful info or things that you thought stuck out?  I read that they recently updated the test. Not sure if that applies to your test or not. 

Congrats!  Woohoo!  :p

Also, from co-workers experience, he wishes he would have went ahead and did the CISSP after studying and receiving his SSCP for what it’s worth. 
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hopefully you see this :smile:

Any other helpful info or things that you thought stuck out?  I read that they recently updated the test. Not sure if that applies to your test or not. 

Congrats!  Woohoo!  :p

Also, from co-workers experience, he wishes he would have went ahead and did the CISSP after studying and receiving his SSCP for what it’s worth. 
    Thanks!  If I had the 5 years security experience, I would definitely spend the $700 dollars to go for CISSP., but I don't. I wouldn't spend that kind of money just to pass the exam and have nothing to show for it other then a designation (Associate of ISC(2)) but no CISSP. In that case, what did I spend that money on exactly? lol Just to say that I passsed the test? I've looked at job postings just for research, and I have yet to come across any positions that want Associate of ISC(2) CISSP. Put in CISSP itself and the floodgates open up. SSCP is almost the same. When I have the required security experience to go for CISSP, that's when I believe it will be financial and career beneficial to pursue it. So for now, stepping stones.
    Got ya!  I forget about the 5 year requirement sometimes. My bad on that.  I did order the Darril Gibson book based on your recommendation. KUDOS!  
  • tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • coextendingcoextending Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!  Glad to hear that current study material is still relevant after the change that happend this month with the SSCP exam as I might be planning to teach this to some of my IT staff.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
    ecuison said:
    Congrats on the pass!  Glad to hear that current study material is still relevant after the change that happend this month with the SSCP exam as I might be planning to teach this to some of my IT staff.
    Same here.  My university is scrambling apparently with the changes.  It does look like the Darril Gibson book was released NOV 1 (I believe, or around that date).  May be worth checking out as OP mentioned.  I'm hoping experience+studying the book will get me comfortable enough to take and pass.
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ecuison said:
    Same here.  My university is scrambling apparently with the changes.  It does look like the Darril Gibson book was released NOV 1 (I believe, or around that date).  May be worth checking out as OP mentioned.  I'm hoping experience+studying the book will get me comfortable enough to take and pass.
    Good luck on taking this cert.  I am probably going to wait another month or so to see if the books change on the (ISC)2 site since that is what I am going to go with to teach and recommend to the students.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got ya!  I forget about the 5 year requirement sometimes. My bad on that.  I did order the Darril Gibson book based on your recommendation. KUDOS!  

It's all good. lol Darril in my opinion is one of the best authors out there. Let me know what you think when you go through it. 
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice one! Congrats. Awesome way to end the year.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! 🎉
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing. Your preparation yielded the expected result.