Cannot edit post

kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
edited November 2018 in TechExams Support

Earlier I saw the "gear" symbol in the upper right of a comment that I had created. When I tried to test a url with the post "preview" feature the comment was actually posted to the forum and would not allow me to edit the comment. What happened to the "gear" and why did the comment get posted when I hit the preview button?

Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!

Comments

• kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Solved .. the issue occurs in IE/Edge. The gear is present in FF and Chrome.
    Not only is the "gear" missing in IE but the comment editor is also missing. This maybe something that is unique to my network. Are any other "forced" IE users having this issue?

Comment editor in FireFox

Comment Editor in IE

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□

It is working for me on IE and Edge.

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My work machine is highly restricted and it works OK on both IE and Edge.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited November 2018
    You won't see the gear or checkbox in posts if you are NOT logged in. Try clearing your cookies and cache and re-logging in.
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I use Firefox and it works great.
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
    JDMurray said:
    You won't see the gear or checkbox in posts if you are NOT logged in. Try clearing your cookies and cache and re-logging in.
    I was logged into TE in IE and Edge. I actually installed FF and Chrome for testing purposes. Like I said, it could possibly be related to my working environment since IE and Edge are the preferred browsers.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Is the problem still occurring? Did you try clearing cookies and cache in Edge?
    The problem is most likely associated with my environment (I cannot go into detail). I went as far as to change computers and the issue still exist on IE/Edge. FF and Chrome are allowed so I use those browsers for TE.