Crisc

breakfastbreakfast Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello security people,

Please can I have some recommendations for CRISC study materials.

I have done online searches and found that below are current latest publications for CRISC but wanted to know if you folks could share and recommend any other materials.

CRISC Review Manual, 6th Edition
CRISC Review Questions, Answers and Explanations 5th Ed.
CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database - 12 Month Subscription
CRISC Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control All-in-One Exam Guide

Thank you,

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cybrary has free CRISC training. Instructor is great.

https://www.cybrary.it/course/crisc/
  • SecGuy22SecGuy22 Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everyone will have a slightly different view...my take....

For a book, 
    CRISC Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control All-in-One Exam Guide
    as its reasonably priced. The ISACA review manuals can be a little hard to read, but material is good as long as you stay awake. The all in one guides tend to be more readable, and do provide some extra practice questions with the book.

For video training, Kelly H on Cybrary.it (and its free!).
    Not comprehensive, but as a additional resource is great.
    Kelly's CISSP material is some of the best out there and was the resource I used most when completing CISSP (and did I mention its free!).

For practice questions:
    CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database - 12 Month Subscription
    and hammer the questions for some 30+ hours can really help. The ISACA questions and answers book is the same questions, so it is one or the other, not both. Most of my prep for the ISACA exams comes from the Q&A databases (I'm not a CRISC yet, but both CISM and CISA successfully passed with the Q&A stuff....).

Best of luck.
    Certs: CISSP CISM PMP MCDST MCSA
    Next: CISA exam passed....now the wait.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what you listed is really all it takes... I had been doing risk management for about 3-4 years when  I bought the manual, question book and Q&A db... really the manual and db are all you need.  I never cracked the books
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I really wish ISACA would do subscriptions in 3 month intervals. I plan to do the same as I did with CISM. Read the manual a couple times while jotting notes and then do the QA&E DB until I am consistently over 90%. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You do have some wonderful advice here, just follow them and you will be fine. Good luck with the exam!!
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.