Options

CISSP job requirements for Cert

RaideenRaideen Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
edited November 2018 in CISSP
Hello to all,
     I wanted to start studying for the CISSP.  I'm looking for opinions on my work history meeting the requirements for the CISSP. 
     I need five years of work experience in a form of security to meet the requirement.

My stats:
Security+ - credit for 1 year.
2 years working in cybersecurity  for the federal government - I'm assuming I get 2 years credit    
1 year system administrator for the federal government. Typical tier 2 support, resolving security threats and system admin support - Not sure if I meet the requirements.
7 years as system administrator for tribal government, 500 users and 6 locations.  I was the primary tech for servers and security - Not sure if I meet the requirements.

Thanks for time and input.  I tried to keep it short.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited November 2018
    Not sure you will find many onions here :D  but I can give you my opinion. As long as you can tie your experience to the CISSP domains, and the work was done paid full time, it would qualify for the 5 years experience requirement. Look at the duties and if they align, you would be good to go. Of course, ISC2 has final say.

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    System administration can mean different things. (Did you work on GPOs, create security policies, patched vulnerabilities etc) We can speculate as to what your job duties were.. but I would suggest reading in detail about the 8 CISSP domains and tailor your resume to the security functions that were performed.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    System admins can control system access, permissions. Sometimes, policies, cybersecurity awareness, GPO's, patching, system hardening, malware mitigation, antivirus work, etc.. A lot of times, you do meet the requirements as a system admin. 

Not sure on your specific duties, but with your brief overview, it definitely looks likely that it will be enough. 
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I were you, I'd apply based on that experience.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP