Passed ICND1!

barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took the ICND1 today and pleased to say I passed with 953. 

Resources used were the Lammle study guide, CBT nuggets and the labs provided by Lammle they were a real help. 

Also bought the Boson practice exam which gave me a good idea what to expect and helped get me ready. 

Honestly thought i was was going to fail, some of the questions I was thinking I’d not seen some of these topics but was happy to see that pass at the end. 

Been a long process was almost most ready to take the exam earlier in the year then just gave up but after starting back up 2-3 months back I was determined to pass before the end of the year! 
Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great work. It is so easy to get distracted or discouraged. Nice job picking it back up and finishing.
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You’re right Jon_Cisco it was too easy just to say I’ll have a night off which turned into a few nights then to weeks. 
    That and some work away overseas made me give up for a while but decided to draw up a proper study plan and just get it done. Booked the exam and just went for it. 

Going to have a week or so to get over the cold I’ve got then dive straight back into the ICND2 while the material is still fresh. 

its nice to see other people’s encouragement on here and pass/fail posts it keeps the rest of us on track and focused. 

CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!! 
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • TheComputerPlumberTheComputerPlumber Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome Congrats man Currently restudying after studying my ass off months ago then one night off slipped into many weeks and months off. I just restarted studying a couple of weeks ago. My resources are odom, lammle both 100-105 books and laz diaz ccent couse on udemy also have Boson exam and net sim. How close was the exam to Boson. Similar difficulty or easier?  I hope this will be enough. I don't know why I'm deeply stressing this exam. I took and a pass A+, Net+ and Sec+.  
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Excellent  score @ barberj66
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    The Boson practice exams were probably about the same level for me maybe a little harder they definitely prepared me for the exam and the different types of questions. 

Labbing was the key for me I used the free labs from Lammle and they really helped me. 

I know what you mean about giving up I was pretty much ready March/April  time then just lost interest it was too easy to just do something else but then later in the year i focused and remembered why I wanted to do it and just went for it. 
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found this site years ago when I started studying for my CCNA. You can usually get someone to help you out with understanding a technical question but what really keeps me coming back is the motivation that members provide. Most people don't have time or interest in Certifications. This site provides a community of like minded individuals that really helps us stay focused.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Gives me encourage to keep studying and know that I have a chance to pass as well. Good luck on your ICND2 studies.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
    many thanks, keep at it you will pass just keep labbing and get all the basics nailed down.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!