Options

anyone bought exam voucher with discount ?

jinousajinousa Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
need help .thanks

Comments

• Options
    victor.s.andreivictor.s.andrei Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jinousa said:
    need help .thanks
    What discount? The academic discount?
    Q4 '18 Certification Goals: Cisco ICND2; JNCIA-Junos; Linux+; Palo Alto ACE

2018-2020 Learning Goals: non-degree courses in math (Idaho, Illinois NetMath, VCU) and CS/EE (CU Boulder, CSU)
    in preparation for an application to MS Math + CS/EE dual-master's degree program at a US state school TBD by Q4'21

To be Jedi is to face the truth...and choose.
    Give off light...or darkness, Padawan.
    Be a candle...or the night.
    (Yoda)
  • Options
    AkintayooAkintayoo Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, using my .edu email address, I bought 2 A+ vouchers with discount. Rather than pay over 200 USD, I paid 95 USD for each voucher. The only problem I face now is I can't use them since I live outside the US and Canada. I wasn't aware these c=vouchers are only valid in the US and Canada. So, my advice is- if you will be buying or using academic vouchers, you have to take your tests in the US or Canada- otherwise, you will end up stuck like me with useless discounts and money lost. I already contacted Comptia Helpdesk and their response was: 
    "Hello Akintayo,

I do apologize for the inconvenience as the Academic Marketplace is good for students in the U.S. and Canada, but they would also have to also test in these two countries as well. You can test in different countries then that but you would have to test at a Military base. But otherwise you can only test in the U.S. or Canada with a voucher you purchase from the Academic Store. 

Kind Regards,

Quinn J.
    CompTIA Marketplace Customer Support
    help@comptiastore.com
    Toll-Free: 1.855.863.9241"