Certification Effective Date

eseaesea Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is my first SANS certification.  I took the test on Saturday and was informed after the exam on the terminal and via email that I passed.  The instructions said the physical paper certification would be sent out within 4 weeks.  Are there any further requirements before the certification credential is "official"? I've emailed SANS but am still waiting on a response.  Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Cuse0311Cuse0311 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited December 2018
    No the credential is official once you see the screen that says you've passed. There are no other requirements other than passing the exam. You can verify it by going to https://www.giac.org/certified-professionals/directory and typing your name. SANS also participates in the digital badge program through Acclaim.

Congrats on the pass by the way!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The above is correct. Cert becomes fully active the moment you finish the test and pass. This will be reflected in the link Cuse0311 provided. GIAC updates those pretty quick.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    esea said:
    Are there any further requirements before the certification credential is "official"?
    In may take GIAC an hour or two to update the site to list your name, but not more than that.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • eseaesea Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited December 2018
    esea said:
    Are there any further requirements before the certification credential is "official"?
    In may take GIAC an hour or two to update the site to list your name, but not more than that.
    I took the exam this weekend.  The email I got back from SANS said to let them know if I don't see anything by the end of the day Tuesday.  If this wasn't my first SANS cert, I wouldn't be asking so many questions :)

Right after I hit submit, I checked the sight again and there I was.  Thanks for everyone's help and patients!