Options

Removing Notifications for Specific Discussion

sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is it possible to remove oneself from a subscribed conversation? For example I participated in the large "New Site, First Thoughts?" thread: https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/comment/1159415#Comment_1159415

and now every single comment in the conversation generates a notification in my TE UI. Is it possible to remove my notifications just for this conversation so that all new notifications will be indicative of smaller threads that I have participated in?

Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | Project+ | MCSA Windows 10
Currently Studying:
  MCSE Server 2016
Future Goals: CAPM/PMP

Comments

• Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Some good news and some bad news. I didn't know the answer to this myself, so I sent an email to my Vanilla rep. Here's what he said: 

After communicating with my product team, this is a feature that they're looking towards implementing in the near future, ie "mute conversation."

I think we can work around this by deleting your comment. That might be our best solution until the mute feature is implemented. 

Would you like me to proceed? 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's ok. You can leave the comment for now. Thanks for the information!
    Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | Project+ | MCSA Windows 10
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016
    Future Goals: CAPM/PMP

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't ya hate it when your friends send out a group text?!?  and you can't escape on going text msgs?? what were they thinking...LOL
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    ^ Exactly. I feel this. Very glad to hear a fix is on the way! 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do