Options

Passed eJPT

tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally sat the exam today which was quite good fun actually. Exam took me about 15 hours including a bit of a screw up that was partly my fault.

Really have learned loads on this course. After seeing some of the things you can do Ive started telling people I wouldnt even bother turning PC's on if I were you lol.

I ran through the course and labs twice and used about 27 hours in total.

Glad Ive done this one, if not for just the knowledge but another cert is nice. Im not sure I would of been able to do this one without having just done a short subnetting course and a linux Ubuntu one.

Recommended

TripleA
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!  Thanks for the insight.  I'm thinking more about this one.  Just finishing a pretty basic forensics course this semester in college, and this might be a good follow-up.
  • Options
    Snoopy88Snoopy88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congras ! eJPT really help newbie to build solid foundation !
  • Options
    Skyyyyy2001Skyyyyy2001 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing your eJPT.

good stuff.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! I plan on taking the exam in a couple weeks. I've been going through the labs, watching the videos, reading the PDF's. I still feel like I'm missing something, though. Is it just using the including tools and basic commands from the various labs to get through the exam, then answering some questions? Do you need to take notes while going through the exam to be able to answer the questions? 
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your test will be an actual penetration test. They'll give you an objective and send you on your way. You'll use the tools and techniques that you learned in the labs. Unless things have changed since last January when I took it, they'll give you a multiple choice test, but it won't be based on the tools; it'll be based on what you find during your penetration test. The answers won't be something you can guess and hope to get right. You'll base your answers on what you discover. And yes, take notes during the exam. Actually, you can answer questions as you find answers during the penetration test. Clear as mud? Sorry, don't want to give away too much. I could be dismembered...

By the way, it'll be an open book, open internet, open everything (everything but having a buddy stand behind you and show you the way). Just remember that what you find with one tool may help you to find more info with another tool (i.e., discover a vulnerability with one tool and exploit it with another).
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ok, cool. I was thinking that you'd do the test, then the questions would be at the end. It sounds like the questions are available at the beginning and you just have to go about the test while answering questions. That's good. I was thinking that I'd get in one way and the question would be about a different way... :) Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll get it. Just keep your training materials handy for reference during the test. 
  • Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□

you will of been taught it all - I was panicking a week ago.

the most important tool is your brain and your memory

remember you have your notes, you have your vids ( I referred back to both )

if you've done the work and understood it all you WILL be fine.

• Options
    r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Now what's next? I am now taking eCPPT! :) From time to time I put my feedback within the course once a week while taking the journey. So far so good and worth the money!