Passed CRISC Today

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hi All,

Passed CRISC yesterday!!

Study Resources:

1. 20% Kelly Handerhan CRISC videos - I thought the content was slightly off here from Kelly normally she is very good

2. 80% ISACA Q&A Database - This was the best resource for me. I did all of the questions which was about 30 hours worth. I read all of the answers even the incorrect. Concepts that I needed extra revision with I copied into a word document and read them a few times.

I did not need the review manual, but I do have a fair amount of experience and Im also CISSP and recently CISM certified which helped.

Tips: Know the difference between risk types (Inherent, Control, Relevance, Residual, Acceptance, Avoidance, Transfer, Mitigation) Know what a risk profile is and how its developed, know the difference between data owners and custodians,)

Hope that helps

Comments

• MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Congrats on the pass! 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Thst QAE DB is a lifesaver for many. :smiley:
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! I will be taking CGEIT next month. I was about to start studying for CRISC but CGEIT will be better for a position that will be opening in the spring. QA&E helps a lot for gauging comprehension of the material.  
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!  Thanks for the info.  Will have to stay close to the hip on the study resources.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing the info and the tips for the exam. @ Kaiju  let's know your test experience regarding CGEIT, I'm planning to take it around March, 2019.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited December 2018
    @promethuschow Will do! I am currently reading the study guide ebook. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
    @ Kaiju, thank you. 
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
    @Kaiju, it's been a while. Since I told you, I will update you in regards to the CGEIT exam. Lots of things have happened in my life over the last three years. I'm planning to write about it... with titles like" Why you should never give up or keep your dream alive" something like that. I was able to take the exam last month and passed with 622.  
  • stephanfleming10stephanfleming10 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your success.