Passed the ICND2 exam!

USr1deMCUSr1deMC Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Happy to say that I passed ICND2 today! I think it is a good way to close out the year with my CCNA. Now on to CCNP Route and Switch. For study materials I used.
  • Todd Lammle CCN Routing and Switching Second Edition
  • CBT Nuggets with Jeremy
  • Boson Practice Exams
  • Packet Tracer
  • Home Lab
  • Note cards and OneNote
  • Current role at my job
I passed my ICND1 in July and took a short break. I had ISC CISSP training coming up in August so I turned to studying for that and took the exam in September. Then it was back to ICND2. I believe I started studying for ICND2 the week of September 24th. I spent 2 - 4 hours a day studying and the weekends were all focused on building and breaking labs. Being able to take the train to work everyday gives me about 2 hours a day. I've been able to accomplish so much because of the train, but one day I'll get a job closer to home so the days of an hour and 40 minute commute will be in the past. A week before the exam I bought Boson ICND2 exams to test my knowledge. There were 4 exams and I averaged about 70 - 80% my first time through. Continued to review all of my note cards for each chapter and lab all week.

The test was complicated and it surprised me on a few topics. I actually ran out of time. I had 2 questions I didn't answer and two of the simulation questions were guesses, because I was under the 60 second mark. I thought I would have a better chance of passing if I just answered the questions. I ended up with an 866. Not fantastic but OK for not being able to answer all of the questions. A pass is a pass! I focused more on LAN and Routing when I studied and it showed when my results came through. Not so hot on the Infrastructure Management. Now on to enjoying the night and then cracking the book open for CCNP Route next week.

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job. good Luck with the CCNP. That's my goal for next year as well. Need to renew my CCNA first.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • USr1deMCUSr1deMC Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats a pass is a pass, the ICND2 is my next focus having a couple of weeks off after passing my CCENT then back to it.
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
    barberj66 said:
    Congrats a pass is a pass, the ICND2 is my next focus having a couple of weeks off after passing my CCENT then back to it.
    Thanks! Don't take too much time off. It is true if you don't use it, you lose it! 
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Great job.
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    USr1deMC said:
    barberj66 said:
    Thanks! Don't take too much time off. It is true if you don't use it, you lose it! 
    Definately, I'm ready to make a start on the ICND2 material now looking forward to it.
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited December 2018
    Congrats! That exam sounded like you were put through quite a bit. But glad you pulled through. About to start studying for the ICND2 on the weekend hopefully after a light ccent review this week.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    greg9891 said:
    Congrats! That exam sounded like you were put through quite a bit. But glad you pulled through. About to start studying for the ICND2 on the weekend hopefully after a light ccent review this week.
    How is the studying going? I'm only on Ch 5 of CCNP Route. It is a tough one to dig into. I miss Todd Lammle's writing style. Keith's style is so blahhh
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    USr1deMC said:
    greg9891 said:
    How is the studying going? I'm only on Ch 5 of CCNP Route. It is a tough one to dig into. I miss Todd Lammle's writing style. Keith's style is so blahhh

Happy New year @ USr1deMC & Tech Exam Family.........Studying is going great I am having fun and pulling out my hair at the same time lol ...... currently on spanning tree protocol at the moment I am probably looking at a march 22nd or 29th exam date God Spear Life. I am watching the cbt nugget series but will also watch Chris Bryant or maybe INE videos. I Will also order my icnd2 book by Odom this week.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.