After more attempts than I'd like to admit....

no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally passed with an 871! The two previous sittings I scored an 810 and then a 847. I am SO glad to get this certification over with and move onto CCNP. Hoping I can finally land a full time networking gig with the NA Security!
A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! The first job is always the hardest.
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

This is the one that I'm currently studying for. Did you take the combined? Do you have hands on experience with routing and switching?
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited December 2018
    Congrats! If you do not have the actual work experience to support CCNP maybe CCNA Security or CCNA Collaboration are better choices than CCNP. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on passing this cert!

What is your experience level relative to taking this exam? How long did you study for and what kind of preparation did you do for this exam? I'll be taking this exam at some point next year so just curious to know what I'll be getting myself into ;)
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AvgITGeek said:
    Congrats!!!

This is the one that I'm currently studying for. Did you take the combined? Do you have hands on experience with routing and switching?

The NA Security is only one exam, not sure what you mean by combined. I do have hands on with Cisco equipment, it's just not my primary role unfortunately.

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

kaiju said:
    Congrats! If you do not have the actual work experience to support CCNP maybe CCNA Security or CCNA Collaboration are better choices than CCNP. 
    I do have actual experience, it's just not my full time role. I tend to just help out when the engineers need it. It's unfortunate because I've been at my current company over 6 years now and have gotten 5 certifications but I'm still in the same role :neutral:

Spiegel said:
    Congrats on passing this cert!

What is your experience level relative to taking this exam? How long did you study for and what kind of preparation did you do for this exam? I'll be taking this exam at some point next year so just curious to know what I'll be getting myself into ;)
    Thanks! I've got some hands on experience with routers and switches at work, but not much. I really wanted to get this exam to renew my NA Route and Switch. I'll be honest, when I first picked up the book three years ago I quickly put it down because I was terrified of the material. The OCG is pretty poorly put together IMO. As for studying material, I used anything I could get my hands on. I bought a 5505 and a 5506 to tinker with. I bought the Boson practice exam as well as any books I could find. I do have a few gripes with the exam, mainly the insanely high passing score (860) compared to other Cisco exams. Also, I found the questions to be worded pretty poorly. After seeing not a lot of study material for the NA Security track I'm extremely hesitant to go for other NA level certs. Anyways, enough of the ranting...I think you'll do fine, just make sure you know ALL the topics in the blueprint.

• JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! This exam is definitely not easy. I hope you enjoyed the material as much as I did.
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. The first job is always the hardest, but once you're in, you're in like flint. Some advice, NEVER stop studying, threatscape changes dramatically and the technology along with it. If you intend to stay relevant you will have to lab, study, continuously certify. 
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi