Options

CASP help!

crking3crking3 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have net+, Sec+, a 6 month intensive cyber program for the military, and ZERO experience ........I am currently studying for CASP and have no definitive timeline for when I want to take it ...obviously the sooner the better .......I’m going to go through the cert guide Abernathy book all with the Michael Shannon skillsoft videos, with less emphasis on memorizing than just covering the material.....then after that I’m not sure what to do??? Does anyone have any suggestions for follow up to the book/videos...particularly questions etc???? I heard Kaplan/transgender was good......also please do not contribute comments about why am I getting a cert that I have no experience for .....that’s a completely different conversation.....thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'll participate in the different conversation.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    crking3crking3 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll participate in the different conversation.
    That’s awesome buddy thanks for the help ....
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I guess my sarcasm wasn't direct enough.  My answer was more experience.  Other than that, your study materials look pretty good.  I've had direct training with Michael Shannon (CCNA Security), and I believe he is very thorough.  He has CISSP for many years, and CCNP Security as well.  From what I've heard with the CASP, it is very technical in nature.  I've heard it compared to the technical equivalent of CISSP.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College