Ccent Passed ! Glory To God - I got an Early Christmas Present

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
edited January 2019 in CCNA & CCENT
I was a nervous reck for the last 3 days. I did a review study plan for the last 3 days where I would just watch CBT nugget videos with Jeremy on topics that I did poorly on during the Boson practice test. Then I also Studied the explanations for the wrong questions then followed that up by labbing certain show commands I wasn't sure about. 

For the Exam I Got an 896/832 was super surprised because some of those questions came out of left field. Study methods were Cbt nuggets, packet tracer, Odom's icnd1 book and I also have work experience as the back up to the network engineer from my previous job. 

I am off from work after today until January so I will use the time to play some Nba Live 19 and start watching Jeremy Cioara for icnd2 over the break. Also is packet tracer sufficient for ICND2 or should I consider lab equipment for this portion of the exam?
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great news for the Christmas season! Congrats!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    edited December 2018
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with ICND2!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! Good Luck on ICND2.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks  Guys !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Brave_heartBrave_heart Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck with ICND2.  B)B)
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicely done! Like the others, good luck with ICND2!
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□

Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!! ... Good work

I think most will say Packet Tracer is sufficient for ICND2 (?), but I feel like I will probably need more hands on for it, myself.
    Congratulations!! ... Good work

I think most will say Packet Tracer is sufficient for ICND2 (?), but I feel like I will probably need more hands on for it, myself.
    Thanks @ MontagueVandervort. I agree I am looking on ebay for a good bundle.
    :

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats my brotha I knew you could do it!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Positive result to end the year on a high.
    edited December 2018
    I couldn't have done it without the advice, encouragement and study tips you guys post on a daily basis thanks!
    :

• ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats!!! I think Packet Tracer should be sufficient.
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. I am currently studying for ICND1, and I'm using Odum's ICND1 book, CBT Nuggets, Netsim, and I have a physical lab. I like the Netsim for the ease of switching between devices, but I like my physical lab for the real-world configurations. Packet Tracer should be fine, but I like having the physical lab as well.

Good luck on your ICND2 studying :smile:

Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

@Lunchbocks good luck on your icnd1 studies. when is your test date?  I'm watching cbt nuggets for icnd2 and just ordered my wendal odom book this morning also. 
    :

• JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats brother
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, brother, very proud of your journey so far.  Keep up the great work.  It is a blessing and an inspiration.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    greg9891 said:
    @Lunchbocks good luck on your icnd1 studies. when is your test date?  I'm watching cbt nuggets for icnd2 and just ordered my wendal odom book this morning also. 
    I don't have a test date yet, I'm still early into it. I'm hoping within 2 months, but I'm also taking college courses and work is really busy, so we'll see.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! 
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"