Options

CompTIA Flair

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
Are you getting bombarded with badges from CompTIA??  Does that give us "Respect My Authoriti !!!" privilege?  Perhaps we better ask Cartman, LOL

So how are you gonna use your badge?  Scan it & put it on your work signature?  Put it on your resume?  Have polo shirts made with the "badge"??  or cut them out and put them in your wallet so when there is a "certification" situation, you can show your badge to the user inquiring about CompTIA certs...heh

I just kidding around here, btw...I just thought we needed some sarcastic humor in here once in a while.

Cheers & Hi5!

CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I hear there’s a company that makes custom toilet paper based on an image of your choosing...
  • Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Lol... the notifications from Comptia were a bit overwhelming. 

I am glad Comptia finally joined the "badge" brigade. Now I can send potential employers a link to my Acclaim page instead of verification codes for individual certs. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thomas_ said:
    I hear there’s a company that makes custom toilet paper based on an image of your choosing...
    Do you need TP for your bungholio?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    I saw their press release yesterday. Are you getting a badge for every certification, or even more "milestones"?
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited December 2018
    I received 9 of them . . I think I will delete a couple.

@Meggo

You get one for each active* certificate including stackable certificates.

*List in the link.
    https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/comptia-digital-badges

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I remember reading somewhere on the Internet, I forget where (Reddit?), that someone had confronted CompTIA on why they had no Acclaim badges. CompTIA's response was along the lines of "Acclaim badges, what are those?" I believe that was earlier this year. Fast forward several weeks/months and here we are lol.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    I've only received an acclaim badge email for my PenTest+, which is my only unexpired CompTIA cert. No acclaim love for my legacy CompTIA certs?
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ah.  I had gotten an Acclaim badge for my SSCP, but then this week got loads of notifications on CompTIA.  I thought they had already been on the Acclaim badge wagon, but guess not.  I dunno whether Acclaim would become the standard for prospective employers to verify certifications are current and legit.  Maybe others know better than I.  I do think, if employers did take it seriously and use it, that a centralized database could at least help employers know if a professional is actually staying current with the certs they list on their resume, since so many certs require CEUs these days.  May help those of us competing for job roles where others are putting expired certs on their resumes, but I'd wonder if recruiters, HR, and employers will use a service like Acclaim very much.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Log in to your Acclaim account to get all your badges even though you may not have received email for all your certs. All my CompTIA certs now have badges. However, I now have two Acclaim account (personal and work email). You can transfer the badges from multiple accounts using the Manage Profile > Accounting Settings > Merge Account feature.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have received so many of them recently that I actually brought it up in the class I was teaching last week (CompTIA Network+).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, I got about 3 or so emails. Maybe I can make a t-shirt out of it..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is ridiculous!  I received 8 emails from them just today.  Holy crap, Batman, this is too much.  Almost makes me regret getting so many CompTIA certs.  Now on to why hasn't Axelos and Microsoft correctly given me my well earned Acclaim badges!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can probably make one of these out of them
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I started getting emails from my lifetime certs. I have no intent to use them or the GIAC badges. The letters are enough and if someone wants to verify, each vendor has a process. That's on them, not us IMO.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.