WAPTv3 Journal

KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

So I bought the WAPTv3 and I'm going through it now. I know I made a thread about doing the PTPv5 as well... but I decided to stop and start the WAPTv3 when it came out instead.

There are 13 modules as listed on the website. I did the 1st Module last week where it just walks you through a Pentest (something I think the PTPv5 needs btw) and helped me understand a bit of the process pentesters go through.

I am currently on the 2nd module and it seems interesting enough. If you took the eJPT the second module is pretty much an updated version of the "Networking" section I think where it goes over Same origin Policy/HTTP Headers and what not.

I plan on updating this thread regularly so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Tagged:

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'll be following. Good luck!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm on my OSCP voyage, I plan on getting back to WAPT when I'm done with OSCP.
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update 9/7

Studying is going slow. Still on Section 2 "Introduction" trying to do a section a day but due to work I am unable to find the time.

They revamped the introduction section, if anyone took the EJPT this is the same as "networking" section in that one. But they updated it and I feel like they have better explanations in it.

I wish I could do the same as I did for the EJPT which was cram as much as I wanted but hurricane season won't let me...
  • JohnGrubJohnGrub Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is your security background before taking this course ? What kind of job are you currently doing ?
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I dont not have any experience in security other than the courses I took in college and events Ive taken place in. Currently I work as an Incident Response manager in my local ISP's NOC as well where I monitor the network infrastructure for my state.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck with your study Khohezion
  • iAmLearninggiAmLearningg Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for starting this thread.
    I finished my eJPT in very less time than I actually thought.

I am actively thinking of WAPT v3. So i ll hang in around here for your updates!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for starting this thread.
    I finished my eJPT in very less time than I actually thought.

I am actively thinking of WAPT v3. So i ll hang in around here for your updates!

I've seen quite a few reviews on WAPT here. You may want to do a search.
  • bedpankhbedpankh Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the thread.

I have enrolled in WAPT v3 myself, what module are you on? How are you doing on the labs and challenges?