Options

Help with question - general

sumeetgandhisumeetgandhi Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
As a driver of IT governance, transparency of IT's cost, value and risks is primarily achieved through:

A. performance measurement.
B. strategic alignment.
C. value delivery.
D. resource management.

According to me, answer should be B as Strategic alignment is the primary driver for IT governance, value it provides and the risk management. But its not the correct option. Any idea why A is the correct answer?

@kaiju and other members, please give your thoughts.
---
With Regards
Sumeet Gandhi
CISA, CISM, PMP, PMI-ACP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint (2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007), MCTS, CSM, ITIL, PRINCE2
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As a driver of IT governance, transparency of IT's cost, value and risks is primarily achieved through:

A is the right answer, to answer this question you need to look into the three words that I highlighted. This is the definition of IT governance "processes that ensure the effective and efficient use of IT in enabling an organization to achieve its goals." Keeping this definition in mind, basically, they want to know against what you are measuring the outcome. This is a metric based question, among all the answer only A is describing a metric (performance measurement). Think, Cost, Value, and Risk all have a baseline, and that baseline is your primary performance measurement unit. For example, the project team anticipated that phase X will cost $100 dollars to complete. At the end of phase X, the actual cost was $80, so the project saved $20. That $100 was the baseline cost, and performance measurement unit against the actual cost of phase X, which was $80. If I did not tell you the baseline cost, you wouldn't be able to measure the progress of phase X. I hope, this explanation clarifies why A is the best answer.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • Options
    sumeetgandhisumeetgandhi Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□

A is the right answer, to answer this question you need to look into the three words that I highlighted. This is the definition of IT governance "processes that ensure the effective and efficient use of IT in enabling an organization to achieve its goals." Keeping this definition in mind, basically, they want to know against what you are measuring the outcome. This is a metric based question, among all the answer only A is describing a metric (performance measurement). Think, Cost, Value, and Risk all have a baseline, and that baseline is your primary performance measurement unit. For example, the project team anticipated that phase X will cost $100 dollars to complete. At the end of phase X, the actual cost was $80, so the project saved $20. That $100 was the baseline cost, and performance measurement unit against the actual cost of phase X, which was $80. If I did not tell you the baseline cost, you wouldn't be able to measure the progress of phase X. I hope, this explanation clarifies why A is the best answer.
    Thank you, your example made the things more clear to me. Thanks once again!
    ---
    With Regards
    Sumeet Gandhi
    CISA, CISM, PMP, PMI-ACP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint (2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007), MCTS, CSM, ITIL, PRINCE2