Why are there no years in threads?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I keep seeing posts the have dates, but no no years.  Is this a bug?  Seems to happen on every thread, and it's very confusing when an old thread gets re opened. 
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited December 2018
    If you take a look at this example, you can see the years are stated in the initial posts "December 2009" from the time when a user resurrected a 9 year old thread: 
    https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/48883/ridiculously-large-outlook-archive-personal-folder#latest

I'd do admit that the font there on the time post stamp is pretty small. 
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I guess I do see it.  Thank you!   The font is pretty small 

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @NetworkingStudent - I would have to agree with you. I see the "month, year" but if it's current year, it's "month,day". I kinda wish it was consistent. I was just reading a long running thread and it's confusing when the date format changes.

I imagine that in another week's time, it would be confusing because everything this month will say "December, 2018" and there's no hint about whether the post was at the start or end of the month.

@Meggo - just my 2 cents - it would be great if it's just "Month, Day, Year". It's a lot more consistent and easier to follow.

• MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Thanks, @paul78. Makes sense to me. I'll add it to our list of developer requests. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks @Meggo.  I think in the old TE, the date under the avatar used to have the member's join date. So that throws me off too. BTW - the join date was a nice tidbit to have.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    paul78 said:
    ... the join date was a nice tidbit to have.

True!

I've had to click everyone's profile a few times so I could memorize their join date. I'm not technically complaining, but it would be a lot more efficient if we could just have the date back. :D
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    @paul78 that is on the list as well. I actually have it listed as a priority because I miss it very much myself! :) 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    paul78 said:
    I imagine that in another week's time, it would be confusing because everything this month will say "December, 2018" and there's no hint about whether the post was at the start or end of the month. 
    That's where we are right now, can't say I care for it :) Like you, I'd prefer some form of the full date.

But that's picking nits... I'm glad the forum software itself works fine :)