Options

Learning material for 210-260 IINS

quanghuy147quanghuy147 Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I plan to study Network Operation program in WGU. They requires 14 certificates, I have achieved 5 certificates. Due to a tight budget, I plan to get as many as I can so I don't have to spend much money for the degree :)

My next certificate would be CCNA Security. I already have background knowledge from CCENT, CCNA R&S, Network+, Security+. I read on Amazon's review and threads in techexams and learned that Official Cisco Guide is not enough for the exam. Some suggest to read Cisco ASA: All-in-one Next-Generation Firewall (3rd Edition), which is 1200 pages. Is it an overkill for CCNA Sec?

My plan is to use:
Cisco ASA: All-in-one Next-Generation Firewall
31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam

My English listening skill is not good so I am no really into video training.

Please help me to choose learning material for this exam.

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Huy.

Comments

• Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as costs are concerned, you would be better off learning the material but not testing out yet. Once you are enrolled in WGU, you can get a free voucher for the exam. They do give the uCertify content, which is basically the official cert guide, as well as the CBT Nuggets course, and the Boson practice tests as part of your studies. I still feel like it came a bit short, but you can supplement this a bit. I recommend reading up on differences between their various security device models on their website, and skim through the list of topics tested googling anything you don't feel really comfortable with. That book you mentioned probably has the content, but it was a kind of boring read. I never finished it.
  • Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 31 days before book is really good.
  • Options
    Hi joshuamurphy75,
    Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I just ordered 31 days book. I will begin with this book.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Hi everyone, I just passed my CCNA Security thanks to the help of members in this forum, who have showed me what materials to choose.  Thank you!

The materials I used are:
    -CCNA Security Official Guide
    -31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam

For me, it's really helpful to do the lab on the last day of 31 days book. For this lab, I bought 1 ASA 5505, 3 routers, 1 switch to do the lab.

If you have any problem with the lab, you can use my config files for reference.

Good luck to all!

• Options
    TechDadTechDad Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the Config files!! :)